Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

UGG, arrive 7.30 and start at 8!, I have a 40 minute drive from a Throop B&B so when I have time for breakie beforehand?.

Meatballs

Meatballs It`s not compulsory to start then, You can of course arrive when it suits you :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicked this from one of Argyl`s previous posts, Hope this is helpful. :sun:

Timsbury Rules of the River

barbless hooks only

all landing nets to be dipped (container just behind the car park)

no keep nets

all fish to be returned

maximum two rods

no braids as mainline or rigs

no plugs or spinners less than 6“

no fish to be removed from the fishery

no dogs, animals or radios allowed

no firearms or weapons to be taken onto the fishery

all rods shall be equipped with a suitable landing net

no wading or swimming

no boats to taken onto the river

all litter and unused bait must be taken home

payment for permits constitute acceptance of the fishery rules and breaking these rules will mean being asked to leave the fishery without refund

no responsibility can be taken by the management for any circumstances affecting the fishing which is beyond their control

to the extent permissible by law, all liability for loss or damage is expressly excluded

the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction

Environment Agency fishing licence required

Travel directions

Travelling on the M3 westbound, take the A303 then the A30 towards Stockbridge. From Stockbridge follow the A3057 towards Romsey. Before you get to Romsey you’ll drive through the village of Timsbury. Then turn right into Manor Lane, following the lane to the end and turn left through two brick pillars (Timsbury Fishing) Bear left following the track and park behind the lake. Fishery rules and boundaries will be found in front of the office. Got yourself lost ? Timsbury Fishery office number is 01264 365165

There are three lakes with carp. These are not included on the river ticket. Don’t fish them unless you’re prepared to pay for another ticket on the bank.

Guest Ferret1959

I see no dogs allowed but unfortunately I have to bring my dog with me.

She will stay in the car and I'll keep an eye on her.

If I can't do this then I'll have to back out.

Can some one confirm this is ok please?

Hi all, I’m hoping to meet up with everyone before we start but I think that all depends on the road gods as I’ll be driving down on the day. Failing that I’ll have a wander around and hopefully I’ll get to meet most of you.

Tony, sorry to hear about loss of your wife’s mum, I hope all goes well.

Vidar, that’s a nice looking grayling your wife caught, if my first grayling looks like that I’ll be a happy man.

If anyone hears a lot of cursing and swearing on the bank, that’ll be me, using my centrepin. Any centrepin advice on the day would be much appreciated.

Anderoo, I'm already packed, just got to pick up my bait (and any extras that take my fancy while I'm there) on saturday and I'm ready to go.

Andy.

I see no dogs allowed but unfortunately I have to bring my dog with me.

She will stay in the car and I'll keep an eye on her.

If I can't do this then I'll have to back out.

Can some one confirm this is ok please?

Probably best to call Timsbury Fishing direct, telephone numbers are:

Telephone: 01264 365165 / 07703 471312 / 07759 331385

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

If anyone hears a lot of cursing and swearing on the bank, that’ll be me, using my centrepin. Any centrepin advice on the day would be much appreciated.

Anderoo, I'm already packed, just got to pick up my bait (and any extras that take my fancy while I'm there) on saturday and I'm ready to go.

...or it could be me! This will be my first attempt at using a centrepin so the odd colloquialism may escape my lips :P

I'll probably be spending most of the time on the slow carrier though, so I'll be using the good old fixed spool reel then.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

all rods shall be equipped with a suitable landing net

I wonder whether this means two rods= two landing nets? :huh:

Rod = angler in game fishing parlance.

Timsbury is principally a game fishing venue.

Also, instead of having swims/pegs they have beats!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust