Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

Just to explain to everyone, Sue's mum passed away yesterday afternoon and she has had to go straight back to Newcastle.

I will be joining her to go to the funeral at the end of the week, under the circumstances we can not now go to Timsbury.

Kevin, (KAYC) has kindly agreed to step in and run the event and young Matty B has agreed to look after our cat; so everything is sorted.

We may even have a pint or two with Snatcher next weekend to cheer ourselves up.

Hopefully I will get a pike meet up and running for early in the new year and I will meet up with everyone then.

Thanks and regards

Tony and Sue

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

Graeme Cox aka Maranman here from just outside Marlborough, Wilts.

Just discovered and signed up for this forum last night while trying to find information on the Grayling fishing at Barton Court on the Kennet.

I read all 6 pages of posts and you seem like my kind of people / anglers - I know the day trip is full but if someone drops out at the last minute can I be put on the list for inclusion?

My mobile is 07811-497455 and landline is:01672-861566

Looking forward to reading and posting for many evenings to come.

it's a bit cheesy but "Tight Lines" to you all :):D

Graeme

Hi and welcome Graeme, You are now "first reserve" If you dont manage to get on this One of our members "Seph" may run a fish in on the Itchen after xmas so keep logging on as places go quick. :sun:

Edited by KAYC

Hi Graeme, welcome to Anglers Net.You are right there are a good bunch of people on this site.We quite often have get togethers to either fish for new species,fish different waters or learn new skills.They are organised by any member who is prepared to take the time to do so.

All of the ones Ive attended have been great fun and given me some very good fish and fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Oh Dear!

I'm feeling very guilty now :(

On my trip to Timsbury, last week I found that holding my 13ft match rod whilst trotting gave me a pain in the back (it's one of the problems of increasing age).

Knowing that I'm going back there next Sunday, well I couldn't help popping into the Anglers' Den on my way back from taking some rubbish to the municipal dump (well it's not really on my way back, a bit of a detour really), just to see if there were some lighter rods, perhaps lighter, longer, rods maybe.

Well there was this 14ft rod, that seemed lighter than most, and as we have just spent more than we can afford now on doing out the bathroom that evil voice from within persuaded me that perhaps I could hid the cost in amongst all the bills for bathroom taps, new toilet, new steel bath etc.

Returning home, Brenda was asleep on the sofa, so I was able to sneak the new rod in via the garage.

Now the guilt has started, so I had to sneak out for a bottle of wine to dull the shame of it :(

Hmmmmmm! I need a new beachcaster too!!

Better order some more wine I guess!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon wait till you see my 17 footer rod it is awesome! Oh yes will be using down there watching the loafer float trootting away until you hit the bites!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/