Dry suits

kennosen

My 2p worth...

Deffo a relief zip and integrated socks - I wear a pair of neoprene boots over mine - TOASTY :)

A 2 piece will allow you to paddle out to your mark in a t shirt or thermal top AND THEN add layers to keep warm before donning your DRY TOP.

The alternative is sweat lie a pig under all your gear on the way out then sit there damp.

Works for me.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2p worth...

Deffo a relief zip and integrated socks - I wear a pair of neoprene boots over mine - TOASTY :)

A 2 piece will allow you to paddle out to your mark in a t shirt or thermal top AND THEN add layers to keep warm before donning your DRY TOP.

The alternative is sweat lie a pig under all your gear on the way out then sit there damp.

Works for me.

If its breathable you dont sweat much.When I got back to land and took my suit off I didnt have one bit of sweat on my undergarments.

The only problem with a 2 piece suit is....How long does it take before water finds a way in?

zzippy2.gif

Anyone heard or know of this suit? http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/Drysuits-Surface.html

It looks really good for the price. I've tried on the Typhoon suit on and struggled to get the zip done up, and have changed my mind regarding a 'back zipper' I'm going to get a front zipper and this one is the cheapest I can find so far. Also looking at the Crewsaver Hyperdry Front Zip Drysuit + Free Underfleece @ 265.00 ish, yeah its a fair bit more expensive, but my instinct tells me it will be worth the extra cost.

post-7356-1159446529_thumb.jpg

Edited by kennosen

The drysuit has some nice features. If its breathable like they claim then it looks good value for money. BTW, Typhoon also do front entry drysuits.

Yeah, it does look good doesnt it, I'd like to know what peeps who have used one had to say about them though. I looked at the typhoon front zip types and decided against them purely on the price increase that came with them, not sure if that makes sense seeing as I'm leaning towards the crewsaver one.. :headhurt:

I've had a look at both of those, the Hyperdry Front Zip Drysuit with neoprene seals for £265 looks a good deal, but I'm still not too sure as it would be an expenses mistake if I got it wrong. I would like a relief zip if possible, but I can't justify the extra cost for just a small waterproof zip as Starvinmarvin said wear a nappy :( , deep sea divers do.................so I've been told

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I've had a look at both of those, the Hyperdry Front Zip Drysuit with neoprene seals for £265 looks a good deal, but I'm still not too sure as it would be an expenses mistake if I got it wrong. I would like a relief zip if possible, but I can't justify the extra cost for just a small waterproof zip as Starvinmarvin said wear a nappy :( , deep sea divers do.................so I've been told

hmm... Am I the only one here that doesnt mind urinating in my wetsuit, or would admit too liking the feeling to boot, when its freezing cold of course, and its easy to wash out. But doing the same in a dry suit does not appeal to me at all, for obvious reasons... :blink:

I can understand why a nappy would do the job so to speak, but where do we get a size that would fit? My sisters in law have both just given birth, cant bring myself to ask them, not sure if I would be able to explain why before they ran away. Besides, I dont even like the idea of crapping in my shiny new drysuit(when I get it) nappy rash, and the fact that I'd be sitting in crap for a few hours, not to mention the smell when I take the drysuit off..... PHEW !!!

I'd rather make sure I get a monstrous bowel movement before going out, or plan for a 'crap stop' hell, I'd even go as far a beaching to 'let loose a chocolate hostage' in the bushes, or dunes, or whatever came to hand in the circumstances.

Edited by kennosen

hmm... Am I the only one here that doesnt mind urinating in my wetsuit, or would admit too liking the feeling to boot, when its freezing cold of course, and its easy to wash out. But doing the same in a dry suit does not appeal to me at all, for obvious reasons... :blink:

I can understand why a nappy would do the job so to speak, but where do we get a size that would fit? My sisters in law have both just given birth, cant bring myself to ask them, not sure if I would be able to explain why before they ran away. Besides, I dont even like the idea of crapping in my shiny new drysuit(when I get it) nappy rash, and the fact that I'd be sitting in crap for a few hours, not to mention the smell when I take the drysuit off..... PHEW !!!

I'd rather make sure I get a monstrous bowel movement before going out, or plan for a 'crap stop' hell, I'd even go as far a beaching to 'let loose a chocolate hostage' in the bushes, or dunes, or whatever came to hand in the circumstances.

I think Starvin was referring to number 1's not number 2's

Darnsarf has bought the front zip crewsaver drysuit and it's worth every penny :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Go to the Army and Navy stores.You can get the adult size nappies what are worn under an NBC suit :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Crewsaver is excellent. thats the one Ive been talking about. To be fair though the top of the line Typhoon looks like the same suit just re badged. Same Guarantee I think. (lifetime on Fabric) You would need to check that. Got mine with free fleece at the Boat Show for £270. So price is about right.

Nappies for NBC suits, what ever happened to urination and defacation drills! Funny how long you can hold on when you want too!! :lol:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)