Who's closest to the sea?

Bob on Stronsay

Beautiful looking place Bob.

I can't beat you, although at my last place I could catch flatties, Bass and Mullet from my backdoor.

Now I am slightly up a hill and about 100 metres from a very nice sandy bit on the edge of Poole.

Happy Christmas to one and all regardless if you are associated with TSF, SA, SAN, BFM, AN, WSF and anyone else for that matter.

Here's to a good new year with a good bit of friendly banter and a few stings pulled by big Cod, Bass and the like (all returned, of course).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't I see any of your pictures? All I get is "page is currently unavailable".

YY - Fort Picklecombe is about 400 yards from teh Queens Ground buoy - where I said to Musket and Yaskalos to go and try for a big pollock. It is a good pinnacle to fish on the drift - conger too if you anchor, but Barn Poole at the back of Drake's Island is better for them. Watch your gear though, there is loads of old junk in the bottom from the war defences - wire ropes etc which if you get your anchor fouled in you won't get it back. Big conger though. The bass marks are self evident - you will know where to go as soon as you see the place with some tide!!

This is where those pics of George in the Scupper Pro on glass water were taken, when we first got it.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo