Who's closest to the sea?

Bob on Stronsay

It's a rainy day up here and I was twiddling my thumbs to find something to do. I looked out the window to sea it was high tide and wondered if any one else on this forum lived closer to the sea than me?.

The white strips down the side of the picture is my front door. Just been out and measured at 36ft from door to high water mark.

http://www.shamrocklea.co.uk/frontview.jpg

Bob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy sh!t Bob a bit too close for my liking i,m approx 5-600 yrds from high water mark protected by plenty of other houses lower down the slight hill on our street!

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Nice place Bob, :) I've min of 2 hours drive before I see the sea shore. :rolleyes:

Years ago when I lived in Northumberland, the beach was at the back door and the big river was at the front door. I do miss it.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Shame about the road else you could fish from your armchair in front of the fire!

You could probably chuck one out of the vellux on the roof though & clear any buses!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Buses! What are they, I suppose you mean the ferry that calls in at the pier in the picture. There is another pier off to the left that protects us. The houses further down the village do get the odd soaking because of the wall that starts just by my house, on a good north westerly it does slop about a bit so they get wet.

Haven't tried fishing from my front door, there are plenty of flatties in the harbour but because our houses don't have mains sewage, just pipes under the road out to the beach I don't think anyone would eat them if we caught them.

It's handy in the summer because I can pull my dingy up almost as close as I can park my car!

Bob