Polls,polls,polls

What is it at the moment, is there a sudden rush of testosterone or is there something in the water that makes normally sane members rush round and puff their chests out to outdo each other in psuedo manliness?

I cant be the only one turned off by the sudden rush of pointless and meaningless polls and counter polls and the diatribe that now seems to permiate every thread under the guise of "immigrants/ate/stole/poached/fished my waters

Can't those that want to run such issues do so on the non fishing chat section and leave those that go fishing and want to discuss real fishing issues to enjoy the site as it used to be

What is it at the moment, is there a sudden rush of testosterone or is there something in the water that makes normally sane members rush round and puff their chests out to outdo each other in psuedo manliness?

I cant be the only one turned off by the sudden rush of pointless and meaningless polls and counter polls and the diatribe that now seems to permiate every thread under the guise of "immigrants/ate/stole/poached/fished my waters

Can't those that want to run such issues do so on the non fishing chat section and leave those that go fishing and want to discuss real fishing issues to enjoy the site as it used to be

I agree. I'm a bit fed up saying 'Yes I have eaten a perch, but no I've never seen a Pole pinch a perch, nor have I seen any Lithuanians commiting larceny with loaches, or any Zulus eating Zander.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

they must be crackers eating carp when there are other fish that taste so much nicer, like perch or zander.

my romanian chum just reckons its tradition. :)

Hi Dave.

Here in Southampton we have a pretty large community of Eastern Europeans, maybe the largest in the country, and it is not really a problem here. At least not as far as I know, if anyone in the Southampton area knows different then tell me I am wrong.

I know that they had some problems at Broadlands Lakes, but they have put up signs there in all the Eastern European languages explaining that fish cannot be taken. AFAIK this has worked. I don't know this though.

As you all know I won't fish anywhere where one needs a license and even if I did, Broadlands is too much of a 'carp hole' for my taste.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Here in Southampton we have a pretty large community of Eastern Europeans, maybe the largest in the country,

have you visted london recently?

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

you aint brian......i,ve noticed and hardly been on here much as a result :(

If you ignore them, they soon fade down into oblivion with all the other threads that have nothing new of interest to offer.

As long as members post to them, they stay up on page one.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

To new members it's the first chance to comment on them, even if the wording on some is a bit ambiguous.

This is also obviously a big issue to some, almost to the point of hysteria. And lets face it, is it any different to repeating the same advise to questions over and over again. I've no objection to either, so long as there is no personal abuse, and the issue is angling related, and not disguised to push another agenda.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hi Brian,

Sorry about the onslaught! I honestly just wanted to get a snap shot of opinions and what people had actually seen without all the silly bickering that has gone before (I'm probably as guilty of that than anyone else). A lot of people have voted and so far there has be no name calling etc so I'm kinda pleased as I was genuinely interested in the answer.

Sorry if it’s boring and irritating, if the mods can/want to delete the polls I started please do as they have probably run their course now.

One last sorry if I've upset/**** anyone off,

Rich