JV44 Field Tests Electric Socks

Rusty

Muckboots have cracked above heel second pair to do so not anywhere near as durable as earlier ones wont be buying anymore and after 3 hard winter seasons my snow boots are falling apart so took a punt on these to see if plain wellys and this sock would suffice....jury still out could feel the heat but batteries only seem to last an hour ....could be as I bought a cheap job lot of AAs off ebay but in normall wellingtons feet went cold again after battery run out so need a pair of thermal wellys to give a proper test wil report back then but not writing them off yet

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Cheers Anderoo will have a look are they clumpy to walk in?? not the getting there just cold feet creeping up on you after being sat still for a while muckboots were good but seem to be made down to a price now with the cracking above the heel material wise just sussing other options ......cold feet and hands are the thing that send us home well me at any rate and just looking at options and best being peeps that are using them so :thumbs:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I've had a look at a few of those heated socks and it seems to me that they all have the same failing, they waste energy by heating up the sole of your foot. In my case at least it's only my toes which get cold so if they had a shorter heating element but it was concentrated around the toe area I think battery life might be better.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

The skee tex boots are fine to walk in, they're made of a nice durable soft rubber so they flex like normal wellies. The moonboots I had before these were a very stiff rubber and hard to walk in.

I've had mine for 3 winters now and they're as good as new. They are very warm, I've never once had cold feet wearing them. Also sweat is wicked through the fleece lining so your feet are always dry. Well worth the money.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Muckboots have cracked above heel second pair to do so not anywhere near as durable as earlier ones wont be buying anymore and after 3 hard winter seasons my snow boots are falling apart so took a punt on these to see if plain wellys and this sock would suffice....jury still out could feel the heat but batteries only seem to last an hour ....could be as I bought a cheap job lot of AAs off ebay but in normall wellingtons feet went cold again after battery run out so need a pair of thermal wellys to give a proper test wil report back then but not writing them off yet

Steve, don't you like the Aigles Chris has, or used to have ? I haven't found any wellies to touch them for comfort, warmth and quality.

Steve, don't you like the Aigles Chris has, or used to have ?

Still have them, they're brilliant for walking and keep everything nice and warm. It's only when I sit in one spot for a long period that the cold gets to my tootsies but I don't do that very often.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I still have my spey muck boots they are awesome, normal socks and sitting still in subzero temperatures and they are fine. No issues with them cracking or splitting unlike the useless Preston neoprene boots I got a few years back.

Steve maybe the heavier weight muck boots are more robust against splitting?

Edited by Kappa