Which Laptop?

Andrew Boyd

Hi Andrew,

French keyboard is not the English/USA Querty keyboard it is an exertiop i think that right,so on a laptop it would be useless.

I purchased from Comet online in feb two Acer 3003WLMI 60gb HD 512MB Ram wide screen only paid £479.00 each and they have been great.One developed a battery problem phoned Comet new battery in 5 days the service has been outstanding.

I would recommend to anyone.

Regards.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Tesco have 3 Acers , the 'mid' one is £450 ish and damm good value for money! (1 gb ram, good HDD, decent processor and excellent wide screen)I got one for my daughter a few weeks ago,.

Dell are good IF they are doing double this and double that and free delivery - if not they are bad value and very expensive to upgrade to the spec you want. have just had to upgrade bro's few month old one with 1GB for a £100 and the screen is pants compared to the Acer.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Thanks Tog.

Always been cheesed off with Dell's "menu" purchase system. OK if the base package is right for you, but add a bit of memory here, a bit of that there and the price skyrockets.

However, notwithstanding the above, the two Dell PC's I have owned ( the last and the present one ) have been / are excellent ( touch wood ).

Andrew Boyd

got to stop you there m8

Click here and go to the laptops section

id buy one if i could afford it that is :(

try replacing the graphics card in 6 months time when that high spec machine is running on basic graphics settings when the next game comes out ;)

if a games pc needs a huge fan to keep the cpu cold enough to run (watercooling in some) then a laptop with a tiny fan (or none at all) couldnt possible run anywhere near the pc's speed. ;)

take into consideration memory coolers ,chipset coolers and hard drive fans that laptop would need to be the size of a full tower to exist ,laptops by their very design could never compete with a pc even if the pc was lower spec as the cpu and graphics cards in the laptop would have to be throttled back to stop them melting unless laptops used a different physics laws to everyone else.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's often worth having a sniff round the Dell factory outlet. It's updated daily, and you can sometimes get some real bargains. Lots of rubbish, of course, and lots of weird specifications so you have to look carefully, but sometimes some great buys.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default....=dfo&~ck=bt