Pike Fish In?

BoozleBear

As always your more than welcome Alec!

Matt,If we do a Pike in down here on the Rother your more than welcome to stay over night at mine and attend the "mother of all Chinese Pig outs!"

When we do the Pike Teach Ins at Wraysbury its become a bit of a tradition to get a take away on the Saturday night but in Ashford we have an "eat all you want" buffet in the town. Of course I only have a portion of boiled rice and a few fresh vegtables (cough!) but my stout sibling has been known to eat at least four (piled up to the top incidently!) plates! er as well as a couple of bowls of soup starters and a few pieces of cheese cake to finnish off!

Dont think my old Mums feeding him enough! :D;)

Oi Oi what about you fatty? :P The last time I had eat all you can was a few weeks ago with Budgie and most of it was that Budgie want to do a large blow off in front neighbouring eaters! :P:lol: I only just had a couple plateful whist Budgie lost count after 4 or 5 plateful! :P

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it offends the owners of the restaurant if you don't eat at least four plates full!

Im not so sure Matthew! they do go a bit pale whenever they see me and Andrew walk in.......might have to start giving false names when I book

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie - you folks need to adopt an Eastern North Carolina custom and have a pig pickin.

Some details if you Click Here but basically a young pig (70-90 lbs) cut so both halves will lay flat on the grill while still attached and slow cooked.

Called a 'pig pickin' because if done properly, you pick off as much meat as you want from the pig, season to taste (good right off the pig but you can add spices if you wish) and eat.

Folks here who have them very often will have a grill on wheels with a trailer hitch so you can tow 1 or 2 or 10 to your site and do some serious cooking.

pig-cooker.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I usually go back to Norfolk for a bit over the winter for a pike and zander sesh with my old mate, so if I could co-ordinate the two I'd be up for it. Why not make it a pike and zander fish-in? Make it a bit more interesting!

Just got back from hols so only just remembered I put this thread up. I will be in Norfolk in the school half term in February, I can confirm dates when my wife tells me what they are!

Anyway, that wee would be handy to say the least.

And I have never caught a Zander and would love to give that a bash.

So lets see what we can sort out.

Ta

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear