Is it time?

mr motorola

Guest challenge
If posters would keep their comments to facts and not resort to personal or generalised attacks on people or groups with conflicting oppinions then there is not a need. All people need to do is be civilised :rolleyes::hug:

Civilised? :rolleyes:

Well that’s fresh coming from you nipper? :clap:

Don’t you go getting mad old mate you know that you cannot think strait with your fits clenched. :thumbs:

People say that at times we should all get mad, and then get over it. You have perfected the first part of this process with distinction; now try having a go at getting over it. :headhurt:

I remember you telling me once a long time ago to

Forgive your enemies by all means, but never forget there names. :thumbs:

I thought that to be quite sound advice, then I got to know you and discovered what a hypocrite you where, you’ve never forgiven anybody in your life. :clap2::clap2:

As for that side kick of yours, he doesn’t know the meaning of the word. No wonder that the north eastern guardian stays in port when you two are at sea. :D

Regards.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To suggest that the sea section should be dropped as a solution, is a bit sad.

It is indeed sad Cranfield as is the idea that conservation topics are not acceptible on the sea forum and the fact that so many discussions on here turn nasty that some really good salt water fishing posters have felt the need to leave.

The other forum sections turn nasty on occasion but tend to be pretty self-healing once the cause of the nasty spell is identified and dealt with. Sea fishing does not seem to be or else we haven't properly identified the problem and dealt with it.

You've been around AN for quite a while and can probably remember other times when we've started new sections. Most have been pretty dismal failures that only resulted in less interest in the original and the new one.

Exceptions such as the photo and kayak sections have done well because there was lots of targeted interest and they have thrived because many new members joined and began posting based on their interest in those areas. I don't see that as a likely result of splitting off Sea Fishery Conservation from Sea Fishing.

How about having

- Recreational Sea Angling - C&R

- Recreational Sea Angling - Non C&R

- Charter Boat Fishing

- Charter Boat Angling - C&R Only

- Commercial Sea Fishing

I'm not sure if we would need additional sections for Sea Bass topics or not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There are many politics/conservation topics affecting freshwater fishing (both coarse and game), so a Politics and Conservation section would apply to all areas of fishing, not just sea fishing.

Surely, if enough people are interested in these topics the section would thrive.

Anyway, its Elton's Forum and I appreciate its his decision.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield - you are a gent (in case it does not translate well, that is a compliment).

If Elton thought there was a good chance that a Conservation section would benefit AN or the regular posters on here, I'm sure we would already have one.

I think one major sticking point is probably trying to figure out exactly which topics would belong there. Some are obvious but many would not be.

For example, all C&R arguments? Some but not others?

Moans (many justified) about the various EU directives that don't suit the UK conditions?

Elton is by far the most experienced sea angler among the AN staff so lots of the day-to-day mod decisions would have to be his and he really has so much going on that he lacks the time.

You and I seem to be the only ones still discussing this idea but on the assumption that others are reading but not posting, can anyone suggest a regular on here who could mod the Sea and (if created)

Conservation forums? Someone who could put aside his personal biases, devote time to looking over threads of no direct interest, and all the things that go along with modding and especially modding a high-tension area?

If anyone has ideas and hesitates to post them openly, feel free to PM me with specifics.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cranfield - you are a gent (in case it does not translate well, that is a compliment).

If Elton thought there was a good chance that a Conservation section would benefit AN or the regular posters on here, I'm sure we would already have one.

I think one major sticking point is probably trying to figure out exactly which topics would belong there. Some are obvious but many would not be.

For example, all C&R arguments? Some but not others?

Moans (many justified) about the various EU directives that don't suit the UK conditions?

Elton is by far the most experienced sea angler among the AN staff so lots of the day-to-day mod decisions would have to be his and he really has so much going on that he lacks the time.

You and I seem to be the only ones still discussing this idea but on the assumption that others are reading but not posting, can anyone suggest a regular on here who could mod the Sea and (if created)

Conservation forums? Someone who could put aside his personal biases, devote time to looking over threads of no direct interest, and all the things that go along with modding and especially modding a high-tension area?

If anyone has ideas and hesitates to post them openly, feel free to PM me with specifics.

I have been on here a while now and have been fairly active on the conservation front :rolleyes: from my observations it is not so much the topics of conservation that cause the problems.

Many of the worst slagging matches occur on what start out as non-conservation threads. Some of these are a deliberate attempt at winding up certain members and are often carried out as a joint excercise using multiple accounts with joint access.

Some of the posters are not even regular members now and just come back for these small minded attacks.

I am sure the mods who have far greater access to the background controls are aware of this.

If you require examples feel free to PM me Newt.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist