Is it time?

mr motorola

Again No, for reasons stated on that thread at that time.

Its up to Elton, does he believe he will lose more members by marginalising those with an interest in conservation and or sea angling politics. Or will those who don't like to see such threads on a sea angling forum and therefore never post on conservation threads stop visiting the site if such threads are allowed to continue.

Well that will be Eltons decision and i will stand by it

But looking back through the posts on the threads in question (some of them by new members ) its easy to see that people are getting fed up with all the bickering and back biting.

Don't get me wrong i think it's healthy to have such a wide base of ideas on conservation , but the Sea fishing forum is not the place to do it.

Come on ELTON help us out here

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that’s great to here Carl.

Now there’s something I must tell you be for I go to bed, and that is never you go letting yourself be bullied into silence my friend. And never allow yourself to be made into a victim. Don’t you go accepting anybody’s definition of your life? You stand up tall and define yourself.

Goodnight you old salt.

:D

Cheers Challenge, i don't mind people (trying) to bully me ,

for one it shows them for what they are BULLIES

and two ,a bully is all mouth when he has backup on his side ,but get him on his own ,without help in his corner and he trembles and wets himself , knowing he has nowhere to turn and know's that his time has come.

The only reason i've been quiet is probably due to the fact that there has been nothing whatsoever worth while to comment upon

As i said in an earlier post .............i (as we all ) could be dead tomorrow so what's the point in worrying about anything in life ? If you're family is happy and healthy , you're friends too ,then what else is there to worry about?

My life and my families lives are more important than any fish or mammal in the sea , so why worry myself ?

Anyway, come on Elton can we have something done about it?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

With 11 posts today and 21 odd yesterday I'd hate to see you when you are on form Mr Motorola!!!

ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE.

P.S. so all 4lber's are dead meat then!

Edited by mr motorola

Cheers Challenge, i don't mind people (trying) to bully me ,

for one it shows them for what they are BULLIES

and two ,a bully is all mouth when he has backup on his side ,but get him on his own ,without help in his corner and he trembles and wets himself , knowing he has nowhere to turn and know's that his time has come.

The only reason i've been quiet is probably due to the fact that there has been nothing whatsoever worth while to comment upon

As i said in an earlier post .............i (as we all ) could be dead tomorrow so what's the point in worrying about anything in life ? If you're family is happy and healthy , you're friends too ,then what else is there to worry about?

My life and my families lives are more important than any fish or mammal in the sea , so why worry myself ?

Anyway, come on Elton can we have something done about it?

There is a lot more to life than just sailing through it without looking side ways or forward, go to general chat and have a look at my post on oil dependance, spend fifty minutes wondering where the fuel will come from for fishing when peak oil is reached in 2010.

Conservation is part of your life whether you like it or not, no one is bullying you, you have the right to put me and others on your ignor list if you so wish, but I have a feeling that under that brash exterior lies a person who is just as concerned as many others. :rolleyes::D

Providing the differences of opinion are kept at a reasonable level of debate and not a slagging match they can be as good to read as a good fishing report.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

There is a lot more to life than just sailing through it without looking side ways or forward, go to general chat and have a look at my post on oil dependance, spend fifty minutes wondering where the fuel will come from for fishing when peak oil is reached in 2010.

Conservation is part of your life whether you like it or not, no one is bullying you, you have the right to put me and others on your ignor list if you so wish, but I have a feeling that under that brash exterior lies a person who is just as concerned as many others. :rolleyes::D

Providing the differences of opinion are kept at a reasonable level of debate and not a slagging match they can be as good to read as a good fishing report.

Mmm . . . , recently things have improved, one of the problems is the small number of posters. I try to keep away from the conservation debate, not cos I dont care, I find such debates boring, as we have heard it all before, and good sens never seems to prevail.

I'm concerned about the oil problem, cost of fuel although down at the high street pumps, does not seem to filter through to marina supplies? Oil producing nations have cut production, keeping prices high, we have seen the £1 litre, briefly, not so long before it will be the norm? Beach anglers, dont affect you?? £1+ a liter to drive 'XX' miles to your favourite venue.

Personally, my sub 5 litres per hour usage is good, takes a while to get to distant marks but, at the weekend an extra couple of hours costs nothing, part of the pleasure, an excuse to get afloat sooner :lol: and stay afloat longer. I have said it before, but big, slow and comfortable is my preference B)

Cliff :ph34r:

Look guys before you start firing anything at me, do you think that we should have a seperate section on the site dedicated to politics / conservation?

It seems that recently the whole (or most of ) the Sea Fishing forum has been taken over by debates / and arguments over what is right or wrong for the sea, PLEASE don't misunderstand me (as i can well understand your points ) but, do we have to have the board inundated with conservation issues?

What about a dedicated section for the arguments and topics in question?

It's not as if it will be on a seperate web site, surely Elton could sort something out!?!

What do you say?????

Ithink Its about time we had a debate about sea fishing tactics. Different methods different fish different ports different areas of sea even different prices. anything but stop bickering about the future. Nobody seems to have cared in the past or even commercially now. You just watch the "smallness" of the fillets they fill the frier with in your fishshop nowadays. They definately should have been caught and released.

Ithink Its about time we had a debate about sea fishing tactics. Different methods different fish different ports different areas of sea even different prices. anything but stop bickering about the future. Nobody seems to have cared in the past or even commercially now. You just watch the "smallness" of the fillets they fill the frier with in your fishshop nowadays. They definately should have been caught and released.

Alot of fish friers cut there fillets up,so that why they seem small....but you are right about caught and released (back in to the frier).

Yes whats your tactics,I see the lad Moto is going to scare them now with his new Picture or is that the chap he works with.

Guest challenge

BULLDRAGON

The problem is that we do try and have conversations on here, we do try and show (what our fishing) can sometimes produce.

But people don’t like it, for one or two reasons firstly they think where advertising? we just about get as many hits on our web site a day than this forum does, I think Michele said you could count on one hand the amount of enquires we had that where connected to any forums.

Most who come on here are established anglers who have there set ways (rightly so) of fishing.

The other reasons that many here don’t like to see a lot of fish caught is because they have not caught fish like it ever, or if they did it was so long ago that they can hardly remember. These same people have been telling us about the cod crisis and how commercials have destroyed the seas and all that go in them.

When in fact there are fish still there ready to be caught.

Our reps say that these are the last hot spots, when this fish has gone that’s it.

But what they will not (because they cannot) answer us is why have these so called hot spots improved over the last 5 years?

They wont accept any sort of successful management, they believe they (through negotiation) are the only ones to save our pass time, or in our case our industry.

So there you have it, no more photos of (large fillets) fish being caught, and no more successful reports. Just in case somebody gets the wrong idea and thinks that they don’t need representing and bag limits and rod licences and all the bureaucracy that comes with it. Now we would never want that would we? :headhurt:

regards.