Fishing swap

Sportsman

Am going for a day 1 week on sat. R.Earn. PM me if interested. (4 nov).

Sounds like a plan. Only just got our power back on from 5pm last night, bit windy up here :) soi have been out of touch.

I will PM you tomorrow and arrange a meet, if you don't mind sitting me down where there are some fish, and showing me how to catch them :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who lives in the Bahamas want to take me Bone Fish fishing on the flats?

In return I will happily take you down to my local river for some bleak bashing?

Ah well can but hope!

Seriously though I did a similar "swap" when I was working as a guide with a US based guide Darral Lyons.He came over for a weeks Catfish fishing and I had a week bassing with him.Best of it was he helped me out on further visits (for Alligator Gar) by loaning me his fully equiped boat.

Many years ago it was sugested on here that we formed a Anglers Net club with our own water.Due to the wide dispersal geographicaly of the members it was obviously going to be a non starter! So the idea of members organising fish ins came about and all though we havnt had that many this year they do prove to be quite sucsessfull.You guys have just taken it to the next level.Good luck to you.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It has been a while since we discussed this general idea and I'm glad Sportsman brought it up.

For any who are interested, I have a standing offer for any AN members who can make the trek across the pond to pick them up at the airport, give them a spare bedroom, and take some time off work so we can fish.

3 takers so far over the years (including one couple) and it's been great fun in each case. The only one I haven't managed to put on fish was Chris and we only had a half day so hopefully he can make it for a bit longer next time.

Boat fishing on some of my local lakes and good fishing for bass, 3 species of catfish, carp, and a good smattering of other species that you have probably never heard of.

Direct flights into the Charlotte-Douglas airport near my house are available from the UK and I only need a couple weeks notice.

Jan & I are hoping to get over to Scotland next year for some sea fishing and a chance to see parts of the country we didn't have time for last Spring.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It has been a while since we discussed this general idea and I'm glad Sportsman brought it up.

For any who are interested, I have a standing offer for any AN members who can make the trek across the pond to pick them up at the airport, give them a spare bedroom, and take some time off work so we can fish.

3 takers so far over the years (including one couple) and it's been great fun in each case. The only one I haven't managed to put on fish was Chris and we only had a half day so hopefully he can make it for a bit longer next time.

Boat fishing on some of my local lakes and good fishing for bass, 3 species of catfish, carp, and a good smattering of other species that you have probably never heard of.

Direct flights into the Charlotte-Douglas airport near my house are available from the UK and I only need a couple weeks notice.

Jan & I are hoping to get over to Scotland next year for some sea fishing and a chance to see parts of the country we didn't have time for last Spring.

Hi Newt

Now this has possibilities for me!! I spend a good deal of time working in the states and could hop over to see you on an internal from new york...... super tempting. Im afraid that living in the heart of london Im not sure that I have too many fishy things to offer back though (apart from a place to stay of you want to see the sights of the big smoke that is...)

Liam

Liam - the beauty of having visiting anglers is that I have so much fun that no actual 'swap' need take place.

You would be most welcome. Late enough in Spring that the Dogwood trees are in bloom would be best since the catfish pretty well shut down over winter and I use that as an indicator they are back to actively feeding along with most other species. NC fish seem to dislike cold weather.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dont worry Newt Andrew and I will definately be taking you up on your kind offer next year.We couldnt make it this Autumn as I had to many pre arranged commitments.Will definately start to make some plans after the winter season.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

my 10 mile rule means i cant offer much but anyone in the tilford triangle is welcome to visit ,we have a river the village council forbids you to fish etc so plenty to look at including a pair of horses and some cows that beg for bread

(name and address witheld)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dont worry Newt Andrew and I will definately be taking you up on your kind offer next year.We couldnt make it this Autumn as I had to many pre arranged commitments.Will definately start to make some plans after the winter season.

Outstanding Budgie. That will be some serious fun - having a chance to visit and fish with the pair of you.

"No it just makes Lordwoods the top of the heap. roll eyes"

That's why I live in Walderslade, middle of the pile. :lol::lol:

I told you not to mention the Hammer Stream, they will all want a go. :secret:;)

Hi Tony,

When I used to live in Walderslade there was a saying "If Kent is the garden of England the Isle of Sheppey must be the outside toilet" :yucky: . Not true, I'm sure. (He said, ducking in case any Sheppey residents read this post :black_eye: )

Sounds like a plan. Only just got our power back on from 5pm last night, bit windy up here :) soi have been out of touch.

I will PM you tomorrow and arrange a meet, if you don't mind sitting me down where there are some fish, and showing me how to catch them :)

you have pm.Water dropping, getting colder, the lady awaits us....