Top fishing port......

mr motorola

Surfing the net and found some funny pictures off my boat :o:lol:

ANOTHERENGINEBLOWN.jpg

wonder who did it paul?

any ideas?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pic john was that just before we launched up :lol:

Picture001.jpg

Brings back bad memories. My last car was an old Proton and the key was snapped off in the ignition so you used a spoon to start it. Parked the car on the slipway and went fishing. Came back 3 hours after low with the tide coming in and the car wouldn't start. I'd left the ignition on and the radio had flatened the battery. In a state of panic I went in the pub (thank god for lock ins) and after being mocked by the lads in there they came out and pushed the car up off the slipway. Close shave that one.

Guest challenge
good luck to you all..makesure Andrew those chips from the chair are burnt ok and they fit the smoker...and John M that photo of JB with that lovely fish where???...in the 70's t0 80's I would say....we had 2 mile either bank of the River Ithon(wye) for 2 miles...still got most of the shooting on 3000acrs...but we sold the fishing off....my dad went into over drive if some one came in with a fish like that and we had lot's.....nice hen fish and if you could catch mr hen he was ok...they was all going to spawn....but catch them early(poach) they can have good colour...my dad was for shooting poachers at the time ,because all you saw was tillley lamps up the river....good money paid in the season for fishing...just going to ring a number because I think we may have ownership on 1 mile of another river..

This is where John got that small salmon while fishing in Scotland.

Loch Tay, a lovely part of the world and one that I love doing my angling on when not taking anglers to sea.

Picture003.jpg

Well caught tap all in the bay tonight save for a rockling and a little blenny of all things ......Snapped m,y rod tho so it wasnt all bad :P

Skippy get yourself down on the ness end mate had 6 codling there yesterday morning best just under 5lb ,took one of my customers down there this morning not as much swell as yesterday plenty of codling bites but they werent taking the bait and were just running with it and droping it, but i still managed 3 codling and dave got 2 so he was well happy he is use to going on the peir catching whiting and coalie told not to tell everybody about the mark we were fishing he couldnt believe how easy it was to catch codling in broad daylight from the shore but its a bit like the boat job you have to know where they live. :sun:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Skippy get yourself down on the ness end mate had 6 codling there yesterday morning best just under 5lb ,took one of my customers down there this morning not as much swell as yesterday plenty of codling bites but they werent taking the bait and were just running with it and droping it, but i still managed 3 codling and dave got 2 so he was well happy he is use to going on the peir catching whiting and coalie told not to tell everybody about the mark we were fishing he couldnt believe how easy it was to catch codling in broad daylight from the shore but its a bit like the boat job you have to know where they live. :sun:

so where is that then paul? :sun::sun:

Picture171.jpg

So where all in agreement then? RHB is the place to catch fish? :clap2::clap2::clap2:

For this question I would need to time travel back to the mid 70s to Port Flair on the Essex coast. Back then some truely remarkable catches were made.

Over 100 thornback rays in a days fishing was common, as was catches of over 100 hounds and large bass.

Massive catches of big cod were also made by skippers operating from there.

Other than that it has to be Aldernay or Ireland.

Edited by frankthebass

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

The place Paul is talking about is right on the point. . One word of caution to anyone not familiar with this area. Don't go alone and make sure your first trip is with someone in the know. IMO this mark is deadly - a bit like Filey Brigg, the water is so deep you don't see waves coming, the sea just appears to lift in front of you - even on calm days. Waves wash full length of the 200 yards of scar at times. There is also a cut off point not far from the mark - make sure you leave early other wise your stuck and possibly washed away. A very good mark though, usually full of Mops but every now and again someone gets one a bit special.

Like this 30 pounder.

homepage2.jpg

filey-fishing-festival5.jpg