Fishing report

Snatcher

Yes just took a long weekend and "winterised" my caravan on the Clashwhannon site,Drummore.Seeing I have now got used to my new didgi toy will add some pictures to help the tale along :)

Arrived in Drummore Thursday afternoon and unpacked the car. Seeing as how it was still fine decided to drive the 4/5 miles to the end of the Mull for a few photos. For those who do not know it is Scotlands most southerly point and is actually south of Newcastle :blink:

The tide race with the Isle of Man just visible on the horizon

tideraceendofMull.jpg

The Mull lighthouse

IMG_1056.jpg

From there drove to see my local bass sensai "Freddie the bass" He informed me that were still a few good bass about so that cheered me up no end.

FreddiethebassandMargaret.jpg

As I was leaving Freddies the sun came out briefly so headed off to Port Logan to catch the most awesome sunset. You can just see a Stranraer ferry on the horizon heading over to Belfast

PortLogansunset2.jpg

On the Friday morning it was blowing a hooley but my fishing buddy Roger from my caravan park decided to give it a go. We found a sheltered bay to the north of Drummore and tried our poppers for the bass. We gave it about 90 mins and not an offer.We could see some real bad clouds heading our way so decided to give it a couple of last casts. Could not believe what happened next,didn't a sea otter just surface no more than 10feet away and we made eye contact for a few seconds. By the time I had got the camera out the otter had done a shoot.I was dead chuffed and privilidged to have seen it though :)

Although the bass did not play game for me this is the deadly combo that has taken all my Luce Bay bass this year

Deadlycombination.jpg

And these Snatcher lures have taken all my pollack

Snatcherspollacklures.jpg

On the Saturday headed into Stranraer to fish with the Tack4s. The weather gods were not on our side - check out Loch Ryan on a rather "foul" day!!!!!

LochRyan.jpg

We decided on plan B. Anrew and the kids were to come to the Clash that night for a meal and then back to my van for a game of Labyrinth challenge.

When driving back to Drummore recalled someone saying that the council had finished the new slipway at Ardwell picnic area. It is a beaut. Took a couple of photos for your edification

Slipway1.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

On the way back to the van seen a sheltered shore so quickly grabbed my popping gear and went down to the shore - bad mistake.the first time I have experienced horizontal rain :blink:

Sat night was mint,we had a great meal in the Clash and chucked a few arrows. Check out Andrew on the oche!!!

Tack4thedart.jpg

Next came the Labyrinth challenge

Labrynthchallenge.jpg

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

As usaul Snatch a WELL thought out post and informative report!! But just one comment.

WOT???NO FISH???? :blink::blink::blink:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Oh dear think I posted too many piccies and overloaded the system,sorry Elton :notworthy:

And this was party time in Snatchers van

Partytime.jpg

From left to right Snatcher,little tack4,tack4,miss tack4,Mrs Snatcher

Check out Andrews "ENGLAND" footie hat :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

As fishing reports go this was pants. As all of you know though "the craic" can be as important as the actual fishing.Good friendship/fellowship is something special :sun:

Well this is Snatchers last Mull report for the year (Sighs of relief all around dids I hear!!!!!!!) Had a great season and met up with a load of AN folk - Norrie,Guy,Stan the man,Peter the fisherman,Manxman,Happy Dude,FastD,Scappernapper,Trogg,Jaybee.Newt,Jan,Orca,Davy(catch me a 200lb skate please Holt),Mick,Mr Goddard,Nicky R,Hairy Scotsman etc etc the list is endless :)

What will 2007 bring for Snatcher?? Well my letter to Santa read "please Santa can I have one twice as big as this for 2007 please ???

DSC01794.jpg

Ian Burrett can you have a word with Santa for me please

Snatcher signing off

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

nice one snatcher m8

and if she who must be obeyed sees this ie mrstack4

the wine bottle had a cap on and the lager can in littletack4's hand was empty :headhurt:

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

great report there john, i popped in to see you on sun morn at the van but there was no sign of life so just headed over to east tarbet and out with ian , had a great day out, no tope on our boat although mally had one on his we did have a load of fish , report is on fishingforall!! i,ll catch you some time your at the mull or on our next meet :thumbs::thumbs:

Great pics Snatcher. It's strange, I have almost identical photos taken at Ardwell (minus slipway, and including family). And that tide race, when I first saw it I was speechless, it was a very windy day and the water just seemed to boil. I only found the place by accident, when a relative in Scotland was convalescing and we had several family gettogethers in the area. Because of the reason for our visits I never fished, but was in awe of the place. We hope to remedy this, possibly next year. Might get a chance to meet you and some of the lads if we do.

By the way, did you get a chance to see the 'Coast' programme? If not it's repeated this Wednesday on BBC 2.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Great report Snatcher

Maybe even manage to meet up next year M8

Tight lines

Lenny

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Great report Snatcher

Maybe even manage to meet up next year M8