Bill Oddie

Kappa

Did anyone see this? He was watching some monster roach and grayling in a chalk stream before looking for crayfish. I really enjoyed the very short bit of this program I saw unfortunetly I miss most of it!

Rich

I saw it too - was on the Frome in Dorset for most of the program - though I think he and the EA lass were on the River Allen (?) hunting for natural Crays (The Frome has Signals). Anyone know where the Allen is?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I saw it too - was on the Frome in Dorset for most of the program - though I think he and the EA lass were on the River Allen (?) hunting for natural Crays (The Frome has Signals). Anyone know where the Allen is?

C.

I havn`t seen the programme so not certain but could you mean the river Aln at Alnwick,Northumberland.

DS

A lot of the shots looked to be around Dorchester.

Later shots were around Wareham at it looked a bit like Holme Bridge that he was under.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

No Bill Oddie is not an angler, he admitted his fish recognition skills were not up to scratch, he was watching the fish, roach, a grayling and a brownie through his field glasses though I doubt he actually found them himself, it was nevertheless an interesting interlude in his programme along with shots of a rat out-swimming the chasing ducks with a mouthful of bread.

The Beeb should be aware, that's two non-angling programmes containing scenes of fish within the same week, is Mr.Attenborough is losing his influence.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates