New Chub Record

rooney888

Record Chub  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Its a Record

• YES
    • NO

Could someone please fill me in on the story here? I get the feeling someone's fed up a pet chub and then caught it and claimed a record - is this the case?

Ta :) (I don't want to have to buy the mag)

Even if this is the case, surely it is still a record breaking fish? If it has been caught on rod and line with a hook and some bait, and it is heavier than any other recorded fish of that species, then, like it or not, it is a record breaker, isn't it?

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 10lb 8oz chub reported in the times this week, isnt a case of only a few allowed to fish the water, just that hardly anyone fishes it, the other chub of 9lb2oz caught a few weeks back was a pet chub fed up by a couple whilst feeding ducks and that water near the thames is only fished by 2.

Even so, ive seen the pick and it looks a decent chub, wether its 10lb is questionable, the same with the 9lb fish from the thames, even though andy little has reported in the mail that it is, im still unconvinced!

I think its just a matter of time before a 10lb chub is caught and weighed properly and witnessed by several anglers who have no underlying motives. If andy little catches the chub, im sure he'l do it endorsing as much fox tackl;e as possible.

Hmm, it's a tough one to call - the picture is not brilliant to say the least. It certainly has a girth (the fish) which could be a record if the picture had been better composed it would be a bit easier to establish?

Interstingly. in this weeks Angler's Mail Andy Little goes to Greenmire fishing with the lad would caused a stir with the 9lb'er - great article and some amazing pictures of a stunning lake!!

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

• 2 weeks later...

Lets have a bit of honesty here. If it had been a known carp, from a syndicate water, force fed on boilies since being imported from France, just one gramme heavier than when caught previously, the carp world would be all of a buzz, with the new record!

i've been off the boil lately due to me house being re-wired and not kept up with this or read any papers ,does anyone know which pit it came from ? was it swarkestone pit !!

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I think that alot of it is a case of catching the right fish at the wrong time. While i was fishing with Andy Little and we stumbled across the 9.2 chub cruising around the lake,the look on his face reasured me that it was a big fish! I know some people wont beleive everything they read in the paper and say seeing is beleiving which is true.I often get people that come in to my work showing me pictures of fish and when they tell me the weight you think "yeh right" but turns out to be that size.I dont know whether it's jealousey so much as realising that fish like us come in all shapes and sizes.