Petition the PM, on-line in 2 mins, to save the fish stocks

fishyrob

Good afternoon Henry, my interpretation of your post is that you blame the commercial fisherman full stop.

Not true. I am not blaming any one. I am proposing that drastic measures are taken to preserve stocks for the benefit of all.

I do not believe that there is evidence that RSA are damaging the spawning grounds, marine environment overall and causing the depletion of stocks.

This is why you are promoting your petition is it not. I will not alter my position regarding the petition being one sided. That is why there are many thousand rsa's who will not sign or promote it. It does nothing short term for commercial or the end user or the middle men.

Short term measures will never work. Natural coral reefs take many years to recover.

The only short term advantage is for the rsa while the commercial guys look on twiddling their thumbs. It cannot be correct.

There may be a short term advantage for the RSA, but that is not the intention. There will be long term benefits for all. Whereas current policies as have been followed for the last 30 years have shown to be a manifest failure.

Your petition must be whiter than white, it is not,

Best I can do

again Gordon will only pass it on to ben who will pass it onto the eu and it will dissapear, mark my words.

If enough say enough we can get Governments to listen. Apathy gets everyone nowhere.

p.s. want to catch some real fish in january down at weymouth? loads down there.

I would love to but am going to be away until the end of Feb. Can we meet and fish together when I get back?

cheers barry

Cheers Henry

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Henry

Hi Henry,

Apathy? I know what it means, i certainly wouldn't condone it though or agree that i could be classed as that. Passionate about my sport of fishing i would say is a better discription Henry. Try directing your efforts to the eu i say, time could be well spent. See you in feb then, you will love it mate.

cheers barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Henry,

Apathy? I know what it means, i certainly wouldn't condone it though or agree that i could be classed as that. Passionate about my sport of fishing i would say is a better discription Henry. Try directing your efforts to the eu i say, time could be well spent. See you in feb then, you will love it mate.

cheers barry

You are one of a few people who have put up reasoned argument, that is not apathy. Just direct it the way I am trying to do.

Done deal. Look forward to the debate over the nodding rod tips.

H

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

You are one of a few people who have put up reasoned argument, that is not apathy. Just direct it the way I am trying to do.

Done deal. Look forward to the debate over the nodding rod tips.

H

No contest Henry, my rod tip doesn't nod. Me rod is usually bent double. :yeah:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

If managers cannot fix it maybe consumers can.

Or an environmentalists "silver bullet" myth?

The seafood market is global and the bucks are evermore in the east ; i guess we can all work out that its an easy move from Youngs shipping scottish prawns to thailand for shelling,then shipping them back here for sale , to just selling them in Korea or where ever :rolleyes:

Environmental groups force more and more regulation and restriction on EU fisheries and all it does (IMHO) is make our fisheries uncompetitive and drive the worst practices onto the third world and into the unregulated ocean.

As far as i can see the current RSA are only about creating a playground for EU residents while screwing up any country that can't stand up to us. Where are all the billions of EU fisheries subsidies going? It aint to wurzel, or UK fisheries management.

We should get the management right and take responsibility.

BTW FF you never did answer that question about which fisheries management would respond to a problem and adapt the quickest?

Iceland

Faroe

The EU

?

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

To those out there who claim that climate change is the cause of the collapse in stocks please visit the below mentioned website and read the comments below that I have copied in from another forum.

"I'd like to suggest you download and read the following review - CLIMATE CHANGE AND SCOTTISH

FISHERIES

http://www.marlab.ac.uk/FRS.Web/Uploads/Do...20Fisheries.pdf

It was conducted for the Scottish Fishermen’s Federation, a commercial organisation for those that know nothing of them, whose aim is to advance the interests of Scottish fishermen at national and international levels by lobbying government officials in Edinburgh, London and Brussels.

The topic is the impact of climate change on fish stocks, and hence commercial fisheries and the review attempts a simple summary of some of the key findings to date.

It puts these into context for the Scottish fishing industry where it places some emphasis on cod, as currently changes to cod stocks in the North Sea and west of Scotland are of particular concern.

It was performed by the Fisheries Research Services this year and is written for fishermen, is extremly easy to read and it does challenge many pre-conceived notions and opinions."

Edited by Trubshaw

To those out there who claim that climate change is the cause of the collapse in stocks please visit the below mentioned website and read the comments below that I have copied in from another forum.

"I'd like to suggest you download and read the following review - CLIMATE CHANGE AND SCOTTISH

FISHERIES

http://www.marlab.ac.uk/FRS.Web/Uploads/Do...20Fisheries.pdf

It was conducted for the Scottish Fishermen’s Federation, a commercial organisation for those that know nothing of them, whose aim is to advance the interests of Scottish fishermen at national and international levels by lobbying government officials in Edinburgh, London and Brussels.

The topic is the impact of climate change on fish stocks, and hence commercial fisheries and the review attempts a simple summary of some of the key findings to date.

It puts these into context for the Scottish fishing industry where it places some emphasis on cod, as currently changes to cod stocks in the North Sea and west of Scotland are of particular concern.

It was performed by the Fisheries Research Services this year and is written for fishermen, is extremly easy to read and it does challenge many pre-conceived notions and opinions."

Hello Trubshaw

Could not work your link, is it the same as this oneSFPO1_good_science_paper.pdf

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Trubshaw

Could not work your link, is it the same as this oneSFPO1_good_science_paper.pdf

Hi Wurz,

If you click on the link itself it should take you there directly, but it is a very big PDF file, 39 pages long, so takes a time to open even on a high speed download.

Good luck

Henry

Hi Wurz,

If you click on the link itself it should take you there directly, but it is a very big PDF file, 39 pages long, so takes a time to open even on a high speed download.

Good luck

Henry

Your aving a laugh Henry, us busy guys ain't got time to read 39 pages, you read it again as your sitting there doin nothing and tell us the gist of it, thanks.

cheers barry

ps Henry and its in scotland and not england we don't want the scottish weather forcast do we?

Edited by barry luxton

Your aving a laugh Henry, us busy guys ain't got time to read 39 pages, you read it again as your sitting there doin nothing and tell us the gist of it, thanks.

cheers barry

ps Henry and its in scotland and not england we don't want the scottish weather forcast do we?

Ere laddy I cannea win canni?

I will try and down load the exec summary and post that up here.

Edited by Trubshaw