Anglers Should Be Licensed And their Catches Restricted.

glennk

I understand MR locker was on the local radio station the other day saying anglers should be licenced and have bag limits my god what has the world come to what ****ing threat do anglers pose to commercial fishing its a absolute discrace and he should be ashamed of him self beleve me there is some very angry people starting to brew his comments are utter rubbish and a lot of people are now beginging to ask questions where all this shite what was in the fishing news came from in the first place, the sea has been piligaged and raped for years and there was never so much a whisper when the going was good i have talked to many people this last week and all are asking the same questions after seeing the artickle in the local rag and they are disgusted at his comments because the simple fact is they know the truth and say just how has that man got the ordasity what has gone on over the years, they cannot believe the hiposcrisy involved its just unbelievable genuine local people are not very happy with his comments including the whole of the whitby charter skippers association. :spiteful:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
I understand MR locker was on the local radio station the other day saying anglers should be licenced and have bag limits my god what has the world come to what ****ing threat do anglers pose to commercial fishing its a absolute discrace and he should be ashamed of him self beleve me there is some very angry people starting to brew his comments are utter rubbish and a lot of people are now beginging to ask questions where all this shite what was in the fishing news came from in the first place, the sea has been piligaged and raped for years and there was never so much a whisper when the going was good i have talked to many people this last week and all are asking the same questions after seeing the artickle in the local rag and they are disgusted at his comments because the simple fact is they know the truth and say just how has that man got the ordasity what has gone on over the years, they cannot believe the hiposcrisy involved its just unbelievable genuine local people are not very happy with his comments including the whole of the whitby charter skippers association. :spiteful:

You know my stance on licences for anglers Paul. You also know my thoughts on the commercial industry. Mr Locker has been asked his opinion on the article in FN he will also know of the wide campaign to discredit commercial fishermen that has gone on.

If you believe that my fishing report that I put on here was forwarded to fishing news by me (to cause to kind of trouble) then I think it’s about time that you and your association of skippers had words with me to sort out some home truths.

It’s a bit like saying that your advertising of 1000lb of cod in a ten hour trip had anything to do with it.

He was only asked if he thought anglers should be licensed, and he has given his opinion. It’s only his opinion Paul. The same as your opinions on the commercial industry are yours.

He probably does not think that RSA are a threat to commercial fishing, but does believe that they should be accountable like commercials.

It’s an argument that goes on here every day, the pro and the anti campaigners, weave all been apart of it.

You know my stance on licences for anglers Paul. You also know my thoughts on the commercial industry. Mr Locker has been asked his opinion on the article in FN he will also know of the wide campaign to discredit commercial fishermen that has gone on.

If you believe that my fishing report that I put on here was forwarded to fishing news by me (to cause to kind of trouble) then I think it’s about time that you and your association of skippers had words with me to sort out some home truths.

It’s a bit like saying that your advertising of 1000lb of cod in a ten hour trip had anything to do with it.

He was only asked if he thought anglers should be licensed, and he has given his opinion. It’s only his opinion Paul. The same as your opinions on the commercial industry are yours.

He probably does not think that RSA are a threat to commercial fishing, but does believe that they should be accountable like commercials.

It’s an argument that goes on here every day, the pro and the anti campaigners, weave all been apart of it.

[/quote

John nobody pointed a finger at you why would you say that that it isnt what people are saying but arnolds comments are upsetting a lot of people, a lot of these people feel they have done no harm to him and he is trying to lobby for things which WILL doe immense harm to charter fishing in whitby and its not only charterskippers who are commenting on his remarks even ex trawler skippers are saying what the hell is he talking about you wont make no difference to cod stocks its a joke surely when there was thousands and thousands of black fish loaded onto wagons nearly every night WHICH THERE WAS did anybody go running to maff and telling them what was going on as if the local maff didnt know what was going on one box of codlings on the fish market and two boxes of cod roe yes i saw that mysely one morning the maff man just shook his head and walked off now thats taking the **** NO nobody did go running to maff thats why a lot of people fell bitter about are his comments . :angry:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

it’s just when you said “people are now beginning to ask questions where all this s---- what was in fishing news came from in the first place” I took it that they thought that I had sent my own report in?

There are people who say that it was me because I was a failed fisherman. :) The same people who represent the people who are campaigning for rod licences and bag limits.

Again I don’t believe that Mr Locker is saying that RSA will have an effect on commercials? Or am I wrong Paul? Did he actually say that RSA would have an effect on the commercial industry or was he applying that they should be managed the same as commercials?

I don’t know did not here the broadcast? He did state in the paper that RSA probably caught more cod in a summer than the commercial fleet did, or at least where allowed to. But I cannot remember him saying that they would cause any harm to there fishery.

Only that he felt they should be made accountable and have limitations the same as commercials have.

John nobody pointed a finger at you why would you say that that it isnt what people are saying but arnolds comments are upsetting a lot of people, a lot of these people feel they have done no harm to him and he is trying to lobby for things which WILL doe immense harm to charter fishing in whitby and its not only charter skippers who are commenting on his remarks even ex trawler skippers are saying what the hell is he talking about you wont make no difference to cod stocks its a joke surely when there was thousands and thousands of black fish loaded onto wagons nearly every night WHICH THERE WAS did anybody go running to maff and telling them what was going on as if the local maff didnt know what was going on one box of codlings on the fish market and two boxes of cod roe yes i saw that mysely one morning the maff man just shook his head and walked off now thats taking the **** NO nobody did go running to maff thats why a lot of people fell bitter about are his comments . mad.gif

Maybe I'm a bit different to a lot of you. A bit weired but if I knew thousands and thousands of black fish had been going onto waggons I'd have done something about it or at least tried. Why would you keep quiet ? If this is true then the man has made money at your expense and now he's sat laughing at you whilst you suffer the results of his actions.

I do know like you big cod a lot of people are bitter and a lot of x commercials are asking what is this bafoon is on about but bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted is of little use.

Edited by glennk

Guest challenge
Maybe I'm a bit different to a lot of you. A bit weired but if I knew thousands and thousands of black fish had been going onto waggons I'd have done something about it or at least tried. Why would you keep quiet ? If this is true then the man has made money at your expense and now he's sat laughing at you whilst you suffer the results of his actions.

I do know like you big cod a lot of people are bitter and a lot of x commercials are asking what is this bafoon is on about but bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted is of little use.

Look, I don’t think that he (Mr Locker) was saying that RSA should be limited because of the harm it is doing to commercial fishing?

I also know the man (not very well) but have worked for him and have worked in the industry with him.

There’s one thing that MR Locker is not and that’s a buffoon, that’s cheep lads. Come on you can do better than that.

He is a man that worked very hard, invested his earnings in an industry when it was a hard industry to get into.

Has dedicated his hole working life to that industry, to the wellbeing of people in that industry and brought much needed employment to the town.

He became a wealthy man doing it but also made a lot of people well off.

As for black fish? Let’s be careful what we say here, did anybody actually go to court and get prosecuted for putting thousands of boxes of fish onto wagons illegally? Or did they get found guilty of inaccurate book keeping?

I believe they landed fish but put it down as anything but cod. They paid there taxes on it but did not declare it as cod.

I do not condone what they did but I understand why. You have to be careful what you say on forums. Also remember that when you make accusations like that (regardless how founded they are) you are accusing every commercial fisherman past and present.

Edited by challenge

Guest challenge
John why would arnold want anglers to have bag limits are we going to hurt him in any way.

John Breannan was not far away with this post Paul.

The forum in itself has not been a good ambassador for RSA and commercial fishing relations. If I were a commercial fisherman with no experience of anglers and someone informed me I was being ‘slagged off’ on the internet, naturally I would check out what was being written. On reading posts on this forum, and probably other forums, I would class RSA as a potential enemy to the commercial sector. Having had much experience dealing with sea anglers, I realise that they are, in the main, very good, well-balanced people and they are in no way represented by the views of a few on these forums.

You ask, “How do you think the debate can actually be moved forward, what process would help improve understanding and cut out all the negative stuff?”

Maybe the more outspoken posters could use less emotion, less aggression, less name-calling, and more careful and rational thought before posting. Also, perhaps they could recognise that other people may also have valid points of view, even if they differ from their own. In some cases, perhaps they should refrain from posting at all.

You can only attack a man and the industry for so long before he hits back.

Unfortunately there are some of us who have done nothing but fight the commercials corner but will still pay the price when it comes to bag limits etc.

I am sure that Arnold wont gain anything by it, but unlike us he will not loose anything neither.