East & West Coast of Scotland

Gillies

For people whom have fished both the East Coast & West Coast of Scotland, what would they say is the principal fishing differences between the two - both boat and shore.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

More species on the west both boat and shore.

Winter cod fishing on the east requires easterlies for consistent fishing. The sea lochs on the west provide more shelter in adverse weather, so there is a better chance of getting out in a boat.

An average day on the South West Scottish coast from a boat will produce 12-15 species. A species hunt will put you over 20 species in a day.

I suspect there plenty of species to go at, on the East Coast including a few new Tope marks but charter boats tend to concentrate on the Cod and Ling

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hi Ian

quote:

on the East Coast including a few new Tope marks
Thats certainly been kept quite. :) Any idea on wat sortof areas these tope marks on the east are at all ian??? Im hoping its the forth :D Just a short bus journey from edinburgh :) That would be wishfull thinking...

Tight Lines

Shaun

Live on the east coast but take ALL of my fishing gear to my caravan on the Mull March till November. Does that not tell a story. It really is a case of chuck and chance it on this side. On the Mull you wake up in the morning and think what species you want to target that day. Its a totally different ball game!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

quote:

Im hoping its the forth :D Just a short bus journey from edinburgh :) That would be wishfull thinking... [/QB]
Shaun, Never knew you were interested,.you never asked..if you are....well. Its not a million miles away..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/