Prowler 13 versus Prowler Elite

kayakkarma

I know that a fair few of you out there have one or both of these fine vessels so i am hoping for a few comments.

Probably going to purchase the p.13 from Bournemouth Canoes this weekend (15% off ), but I cant help wondering, as this will be my only yak what the p. elite is like. It is obviously a bit longer a bit faster, probably not so easy to manouvre, but apart from that what are the advantages over the P.13?

I intend to use my new yak 300yds off shore mainly, but may want to have a crack at the I.O.W. or suchlike on a calm summer day, so distance paddling may be an issue.

I have been anticipating getting the P13 for some time now, and I hate the little man on my shoulder who keeps asking. 'What about the P. elite'.

Would appreciate any comments to put me out of my dilemma.

Paul :unsure:

I know that a fair few of you out there have one or both of these fine vessels so i am hoping for a few comments.

Probably going to purchase the p.13 from Bournemouth Canoes this weekend (15% off ), but I cant help wondering, as this will be my only yak what the p. elite is like. It is obviously a bit longer a bit faster, probably not so easy to manouvre, but apart from that what are the advantages over the P.13?

I intend to use my new yak 300yds off shore mainly, but may want to have a crack at the I.O.W. or suchlike on a calm summer day, so distance paddling may be an issue.

I have been anticipating getting the P13 for some time now, and I hate the little man on my shoulder who keeps asking. 'What about the P. elite'.

Well I have an Elite and its bloody great. Really stable fishing platform and quick on the water. Have no complaints at all. If you are fitting a fishfinder , buy a humminbird series and the boot to fit it. I bought a garmin and the plug from the transducer to the unit head doesnt fit through the scupper hole...expensive mistake! Its apparently designed for the humminbird series

:wallbash:

Well I have an Elite and its bloody great. Really stable fishing platform and quick on the water. Have no complaints at all. If you are fitting a fishfinder , buy a humminbird series and the boot to fit it. I bought a garmin and the plug from the transducer to the unit head doesnt fit through the scupper hole...expensive mistake! Its apparently designed for the humminbird series

:wallbash:

Just out of interest, have u paddled a p13 too?

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I wouldn't worry Kayakkarma,P13 -I.O.W.=no problem :thumbs:

richi-needles.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I.O.W now is it? :rolleyes: Caper sold? :yeah: I hope your not referring to me as that "little man" :nono: You'll be looking at the Scupper Pro next :thumbs:

Edited by overrun

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

I.O.W now is it? :rolleyes: Caper sold? :yeah: I hope your not referring to me as that "little man" :nono: You'll be looking at the Scupper Pro next :thumbs:

Its a nice paddle to the I.O.W.Even better comming back ,especialy between Hurst Castle and the Island where you go from 200feet to 50 feet in depth.Its like being in a washing machine if you get it wrong :headhurt: Plus you can do 9 knots through the gap. :lol:

zzippy2.gif

I own an elite and have also paddled the prowler 13 and have to say both appear to be excellent kayaks, i think that either choice will not leave you disappointed. personally i like the recess for the fishfinder transducer in the the elite and the availabilty of the mounting plates can make fixing the display a little bit easier (especially if your a lazy bugger like me or worried about drilling too many holes in your yak). but apart from that i think that both would be suited for the job and can only recommend that you try both before buying. :)

I wouldn't worry Kayakkarma,P13 -I.O.W.=no problem :thumbs:

richi-needles.jpg

Yeh I think that I will stick with my initial first choice p.13 yak. I reckon it will do everything I want especially if I stick a bloody great sail on it (France no probs!!!!!) :) By the way Richi great picy of IOW, cheers.

Hi overrun, Sold the Caper this afternoon so I am gonna have to wait for cheque to clear and pick up the p.13 on Thursday. As far as little man is concerned. You must be at least 6ft 2 ins so I reckon I must be referring to the imaginary little sod who makes my kayaking/ gear choosing life so difficult. Scupper Pro ? No experience of that yak, but I guess a fine vessel also. :)