Rod Licences

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

That's a good reminder. Seems pretty unfair that they'll have to pay full whack, though, given that it will run out after three months.

Now that it's all computerised they should allow monthly payment by continuous direct debit and issue a photocard.

WOW, 500 hundred cases and £60,000 collected. That works out at £120 a case half of which goes in legal fees. How does this equate to maximum fine of £2500 and when has there ever been a fine this big. If the EA were really interested they would be pushing for higher fines which in turn would help fund people (inc those part time) to rein in those others out there.

Good to see such a message but where is it being displayed? in tackle shops (didn't see it this morning) at places like Argos (what a joke that would be)?.

I was thinking about this earlier. If you get caught without a licence, is the offence just that? i.e. fishing without a licence

Surely, poaching, going equipped to commit theft (or whatever the term is) and other such crimes would carry a heftier fine?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was thinking about this earlier. If you get caught without a licence, is the offence just that? i.e. fishing without a licence

Surely, poaching, going equipped to commit theft (or whatever the term is) and other such crimes would carry a heftier fine?

well what your saying is possible but the fines are more aimed at people just fishing without a license, as you cant really poach an open water, plus you always put your catch back unless you feel the need to eat your fish then that is theft but hard to prove unless the guy or girl has a bag of dead fish besides them and talks with an accent other than English,

and as for going equipped well the only possibility is going equipped to fish with out a license and that also would be quite hard to prove so to keep court costs down i suppose they are just happy with fishing without a license..

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I have registered with the Environment Agency and have set up a direct debit so every year at the begining of Feb they send me a reminder saying when the direct debit will be taken and then just before the licence is due for renewal I get a nice crisp new one through the post.

Theres nothing worse than traveling miles to fish somewhere, realising that you haven't a valid licence and then having to wait for the shops to open to get one just in case the unthinkable happens and you are asked for it.

Because Sods Law says that the one time you think its ok it won't happen I never get asked you get pulled by the bailiffs (which by the way makes your eyes water).

Small point but your only poaching or trespassing if you dont have permision to be there.

You can join a club which gives you permision to use thyere waters so the only offence is fishing without a license. and if were honest if your on a club water the chances of seeing an ea bailff are worse odds than winning the lottery. in 30 yrs i've never seen an ea official on a club water only day ticket or free fishing areas.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

The "theft" part of it (well Im led to believe anyway!) doesnt just have to be the actual taking of a fish.I think it was Steve Burke(?) who pointed out that you can be guilty of "theft" of fishing rights?

Mind you as Terry T points out you can be on a water that youve paid for the fishing rights ie club card/day ticket and still not have a rod licence!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I guess it’s a timely reminder for people buying tackle for those new to our sport. However like Ferg

I have registered with the Environment Agency and have set up a direct debit so every year at the beginning of Feb they send me a reminder saying when the direct debit will be taken and then just before the licence is due for renewal I get a nice crisp new one through the post.

I similarly have set up a Direct Debit. But why do they charge a premium for buying on line?

Buying a licence couldn’t be easier – there are around 15,000 Post Offices and other outlets which sell them direct; and for a small additional charge they can be purchased over the phone (0870 1662662) or from our web site any time, day or night.
Somewhat perverse logic? (Alright I don’t want to enter into a debate on the preservation of local Post Offices.) Surely it costs the EA more in terms of commission, and administration, for anglers to buy their licence through Post Offices than the cost of a pre-paid envelope?

Then Terry's point

and if were honest if you’re on a club water the chances of seeing an ea bailiff are worse odds than winning the lottery. in 30 yrs I've never seen an ea official on a club water only day ticket or free fishing areas.

Perhaps they, the EA, ‘catch’ more miscreants ‘way down in the Deep South’? I’ve had my licence check twice in consecutive years.

Once admittedly was at Dever Springs, a ‘day ticket’ trout fishery our Club had taken over on a Sunday. Perhaps trout fishing attracts more ‘occasional, one-off’ anglers who ‘chance their arm’?

The second time, a month ago, was on a popular club water though. Interestingly though, and I guess in part it’s the bureaucratic obsession with targets and part to stop the bailiffs – like traffic wardens – just revisiting the same venue time and time again, they record your licence number and initial your licence. Talking to the bailiff they don’t get ‘brownie points’, presumably part of their bonus structure, if someone’s initialled the licence beforehand.