GREAT WHITE ARE ON THERE WAY?

Guest challenge

what, someone got rid of all the seals?

Not to mention the tope and the huss.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else see the channel 5 programe last friday man eaters: killers in the water? there were a few lucky escapes for a few people, that huge great white nibbleing that girls leg trying in vain to swim away back to the boat and then it grabbing her other leg and biting it off :yucky: but she did survive, it seams that these great whites dont purposely attack humans (unlike a salt water croc he will eat you no doubt) and when they realise what they have hold of they let go ie not a seal or a desirable meal, of course the damage done can often cause fatalities, i think it would fantastic if they did visit here imagine seeing one of those swimming around your kayak while your out doing a bit of bass popping brill!!!!!!!

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

A bit like this :

post-558-1167580356_thumb.jpg

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The water temp around our coast won't worry the GW...the water off South Africa and California is much colder....they can also put up with warmer waters if need be, they turned up in NE states of the US last year.

More important is a food source....if they followed a source to our waters , they just might find our seal population and decide to stay !....one things for sure though , they won't find enough fish to keep them happy :rolleyes:

Dave ;)

The water temp around our coast won't worry the GW...the water off South Africa and California is much colder....they can also put up with warmer waters if need be, they turned up in NE states of the US last year.

More important is a food source....if they followed a source to our waters , they just might find our seal population and decide to stay !....one things for sure though , they won't find enough fish to keep them happy :rolleyes:

Dave ;)

Absulutely, we regard them as a cold water fish here. They tend to frequent the Southern Ocean, The Great Australian Bight and the coast of South Australia. Only rarely do they get as far north as Perth in WA.

Your point about seals is a good one! They certainly do like seals as colonies on the south eastern side of Australia and also off the eastern coast of South Africa can testify!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Dave ;)

:clap2: Why bother with tiny fish if you can have a nice plump seal. :clap2:

Did anyone else see the channel 5 programe last friday man eaters: killers in the water? there were a few lucky escapes for a few people, that huge great white nibbleing that girls leg trying in vain to swim away back to the boat and then it grabbing her other leg and biting it off :yucky: but she did survive, it seams that these great whites dont purposely attack humans (unlike a salt water croc he will eat you no doubt) and when they realise what they have hold of they let go ie not a seal or a desirable meal, of course the damage done can often cause fatalities, i think it would fantastic if they did visit here imagine seeing one of those swimming around your kayak while your out doing a bit of bass popping brill!!!!!!!

I don’t know whether any of you read - this report - about a young man surfing out from a northern Californian beach, close to a spot frequented by juvenile Harbour Seals and Great Whites.

It’s evidentially the 3rd time that he’s had close encounters with Great Whites! One nudged him as he surfed and, in 2002, he helped administer first aid to a fellow surfer who was bitten to the bone by a Great White. In this latest incident the shark, holding him by the leg, dragged him 5 metres underwater before, realising its ‘mistake’, released him.

According to a local shark ‘expert’

the sharks like to feed on seals, which have 50 percent body fat. They really aren’t interested in surfers, who are mostly muscle and bone.

That’s presumably alright then and we have nothing to fear? It was only a mistake on the shark's part. Unfortunately though South African (and Australian) sharks don’t appear to read the research material, or have more catholic tastes that include humans! This is a video clip from YouTube.

But just to ‘prove’ that ‘modern’ ‘Stateside sharks – excluding of course the mechanical monster – don’t eat humans here’s some links of images (and video footage) of people surprisingly close to them - ouside a cage off Hawaii and in a Cape Cod salt pond.

Um....I think I'll stay in the swimming pool.

Have you read this?

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...ppearance_.html

Think you might have to get bigger boats lads. :thumbs:

Regards.

I dont know about a bigger boat john correct me if i am wrong wasnt the biggest fish to ever to caught by rod and line from whitby was caught from a rowing boat a tuna weighing over 800lb its not the boat its the man on it.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I recall that Paula said the harbourmaster thought he had spotted one in Scrabster harbour a couple of years ago!!! A great white that is :unsure:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy