May Bank Holiday Cornwall Weekend Trip

ChrisW

Popped down with the family today just to check out the location.

The campsite is just how I like it- a small field divided by a couple of hedges with just a loo/shower block.Places to eat down the hill in the village or a pub in nearby Gorran which serves doombar :thumbs:

View of beach from harbour wall

KIF_0211.jpg

Some of harbour and beach-but more interesting is the reef/rocks in the distance

KIF_0204.jpg

Same rock with zoom

KIF_0208.jpg

cliffs to the right of harbour

KIF_0210.jpg

what they serve in the village chippy!

KIF_0217.jpg.

We'll be there,

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little more information on the venue. Yo can drive onto the beach to launch and park the car just up the road for £3.00 all day. The rock/reef in the distance... to the left of it is the headland which I guess is about a 10/15 min paddle (weather permitting) also just around the corner from the same headland, the locals informed me that it is a killer spot for Bass and most are taken on trolled Red Gill.

I used live sandeel when I was there ans they were a killer for pollock and pout.

Thanks to Musket for the photos... :thumbs:

Hope this gives you all a better idea.

Chris

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the P.M. and info.

Nice Pics Jon, thanks for sharing them, looks a lovely spot. :thumbs:

just thought that i would let you know that i lived in newquay and st austell cornwall for 12 years and fished from shore and yak the whole time. if you need any other info on marks etc don't hesitate to ask, i would be only too happy to help if i can. :thumbs:

moved to dorset 18 months ago. have fished around there quite a number of times you can pick up your own kayak weight in mackerel round there so plenty of bait,pollack and bass ,gurnard,wrasse,gar and some eels. another lovely mark near there is black head paddle from pentewan (there is also a yak shop there if you need anything)but you will need wheels to get your yaks to the beach it is a bit far to carry them.black head is the headland sticking out the most to the left as you look out to sea.you can also paddle there from a beach called porthpean and you can drive right down the slip way thereand unload then park the cars back at the top only 30 seconnds away,usually this beach is flat calm as it is out of the usual windand is on the other side of blackhead sojust paddle out past the headland on your right and you will see it but it is further to the point from this beach but it is not too far. it is a deep water mark even at low waterprob60 feet or more at a guess lw.mack,dogs,gar,plaice,mullet,gurnard,eels,pollack,bass. would love to come to meet but i don't think i will be able to on a bank holiday weekend(wife and daughter)have a great time and just let me know if you need any info.