May Bank Holiday Cornwall Weekend Trip

ChrisW

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I have been onto the campsite and they is going to be no problems with the number of pitches required

(8 to 10 to date) and little furry friends are welcome. There will be electrical hook ups available but I will need to know as soon as possible who would like one. Below is a link with the directions from Exeter Travel Lodge (Services) to Gorran Haven which is just down from St Austell.

I hope this works, if it does not just go the the AA Route Finder Site, type in your start location and the final location of Gorran, St Austell. Heres the link (I hope) (JUST TRIED IT, IT DOES NOT WORK :-( So just type in what I said above.

Any questions fire away.

ChrisW

Edited by ChrisW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is going so far?

will check aa route but think it is a fair trip from me :(

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

sounds like a great meet - hope its a great success :thumbs: As for me . I smell welsh tope :thumbs:

tope7.jpg

when will the Welsh tope meet be?

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Chris,

Will be down with maybe a couple of others but can't commit to a pitch, no doubt they will be filled by others

going down, many thanks for organising anyway,

Cheers

Hi Chaz,

Thats not a problem, its not that I have a set amount of pitches to fill I need to know numbers to reserve pitches.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can't wholly commit yet until I know about leave being granted.

Perhaps going to try and combine a family weekend away-which campsite are you looking at,just so I can sell the idea to precious people,

Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I have been onto the campsite and they is going to be no problems with the number of pitches required

(8 to 10 to date) and little furry friends are welcome. There will be electrical hook ups available but I will need to know as soon as possible who would like one. Below is a link with the directions from Exeter Travel Lodge (Services) to Gorran Haven which is just down from St Austell.

I hope this works, if it does not just go the the AA Route Finder Site, type in your start location and the final location of Gorran, St Austell. Heres the link (I hope) (JUST TRIED IT, IT DOES NOT WORK :-( So just type in what I said above.

Any questions fire away.

ChrisW

Sorry for being dim, the date is probably in the old thread - which weekend did you decide on. I'll be on the Lizard the week beginning the 21st May.

Thanks,

Marc

Malibu 2

Hi Chris,

Can't wholly commit yet until I know about leave being granted.

Perhaps going to try and combine a family weekend away-which campsite are you looking at,just so I can sell the idea to precious people,

Jon.

Ah well Jon that should not be a problem, Tha campsite is caled Treliste (think I have spelt it right) it is a family site with showers and a wash room ie: washing machines ect. You can have a power hook up if you let me know a.s.a.p. Gorran itself is a small village sitting on a sandy beach which is safe for children and it slopes nice and gently, lovely views and sheltered. It is about a ten to fifthteen minute drive to St Austell (depending on traffic of course).

I dont think the campsite has a website but if I remember right they is a site on Gorran itself through one of the Cornish holiday pages.

Hope this helps jon

All the best

Chris