Sandeel lure construction step by easy step

Snatcher

Should see the state of my breakfast bar Yak - its covered in the stuff. How did the construction go? can we have some piccies?

Just tied up a few this morning for Ian Burrett. They are more like true "flies" than my normal sandeels. Also tied them up on some circle hooks that Newt sent across the pond. Hope to post it up later today with pictures.Ian does not know it yet but he will be at the sharp end. He has to catch fish on them and post up the piccies here!

LOL

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put up the construction posting on 05 January.Anybody had a go yet or anyone need advice. If anyone is stuck for the eyes can post some off nee bother.

OH DEAR forgot to mention to do the epoxy resin head over some scrap paper and not your good carpet/table!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I've noticed Snatcher's comments about the large eyes. Some while back (20 years?) there was some research done (shown on TV) about lures and the size of the eyes was deemed very important, basically, the bigger the better (within reason of course). It was believed that this made them more like fry and invoked a greater predatory response from the target fish. This would correlate with the former world coarse champion Bob Nudd's comments about the skill being in overcoming a fish's natural cautiousness when feeding. If anybody has ever watched any predatory species then you will have seen how excited they become; they just can not help themselves and have to attack.

Just for the pure enjoyment I have started to get the bits a bobs together, and am realy looking forward to adding some to my brought ones, you certainly seem to of cracked it, its great that people on here share so many tips, thanks.....in advance!

Nice one 202,can you post up a piccy when its done. If you get stuck on anything either post it on here or give me a PM

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Salar:

Europeans use casting floats to fish flies with spinning tackle - I've put this up on several threads. You can buy weighted floats with floating, neutral and sinking density - try Askari or some other European mail order company. The trick is to cast as normal but check the line just as the float is about to hit the water, that makes the fly flick out beyond the float so its behind it as you reel in. Danes use the method a lot for sea trout from the shore.

Salar: I've been after these floats for ages. Can you give me some links please . I use the bulrags/bubble floats at the moment and both work really well for Bass in really shallow water but I like the idea of these european floats

Cheers mate

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Do not want to pre-empt this post but try it guys,they do work!You should not post when P-==ed by the way butI am! not for the first time.Tope on a lure,has it been done yet? If it has please reply to this.

Otherwise me and "Sir Ian Burrett" will do it this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Ian you are on the spot,you will post me the ideal tope hooks,I will tie a mackerel lookalike and you will set the BENCHMARK. x

More beer!- luxury X

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Anyone tied them yet?

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair