Disney

Harold.

Original message by Plankton Boy on TSF.

Please sign and spread the word.

quote:

Dont know if im allowed to do this but here goes.

As you all probalry know some groups are trying to get fishing banned.

The newest attack is from PETA, using the new disney film 'finding nemo' they are trying to influence kids into not fishing or eating fish.

the story can be found at

www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_827281.html

If you disagree with this could you all please sign this online petion at

www.petitiononline.com/msp1234/

if we want to keep fishing we have to stop this groups and the only way is by sticking together.

Already done and dusted on TSF Harold, but I reckon this is one posting we will have to keep kicking to the top of the list

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Harold.

I like many of PETAs` aims! Like most folk on this forum, I don`t like battery hens, heifers being reared without sunlight to provide `whiter veal`, ducks and geese being forcefed to provide foreign plonkers with the latest pate. They might do a lot of good.

I don`t even mind them attacking anglers. Some anglers deserve it! Especially the brigade that leave, litter and dying fish on our beaches.

But when that American prat that started the movement, stated that keeping pets was nasty, abnormal for our pets. I just thought she`s the 2nd cuckoo that flew over the nest?

I`ve a ginger tom-cat that I found in a wheelie bin, aged about 6-8weeks old. He`s now aged 3. That cat waits inside the front porch alongside the bitch we got from Battersea dogs home. I truly believe they love me. If keeping pets is strange. I wonder who will keep all the sheep,cows,pigs,goats,horses,rabbits,cats,dogs,ferrets etc, fed and watered should we all decide to disown them to live up to PETA`s standards?

To put agricultural commerce above decent standards of animal husbandry is wrong. But to extend such concerns to whether a pet is more in touch with its` roots if it was left to roam wild, is more than a tad freakish?

Ban fur, ban factory farming. But when it comes to my pets? Sorry PETA, I`ll kill your children before I let my pets suffer.

:mad: :mad: Paul. :mad: :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

To put agricultural commerce above decent standards of animal husbandry is wrong

Spasor - problem with the PETA folks is the extent of their ultimate aims.

In brief, no human contact with animals. Not humane or reasonable treatment but no treatment. No food, no clothing, no pets, no nothing.

What I haven't gotten clear on is how and where they draw the line. For instance,

- is using bacteria cultures to make yogurt OK or not?

- is killing a rabid animal that is attacking OK or not?

- is hunting OK for folks who live in places where their other option is starvation?

- are these people really as over-the-top as their stated aims would make them seem?

[ 31. October 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My two kids have a great affinity for the natural world and terrific support for conservation despite being 6 and 9 years old. I put that down to bringing them up in a house with a dog, a cat, a lovebird, two rabbits, 6 hens and a pond full of fish and a frog. I wonder how kids that have had no contact with animals would care for our environment? Our pets live in luxury - food on the table and any ailment instantly dealt with (unlike in the wild) and in return they provide a great educational resource for a small part of the future generation. Long may it continue.

And as for the Nemo connection, I hear that despite the message in the film portraying a negative image of fish in tanks, it has resulted in a significant increase in fish tank sales. Nowt so queeer as folk.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Alan Taylor:

Originally posted by Harold.:

[QB] signed and back to the top

Alan(nl)

Have you read some of the comments from the some of the wackos that have signed? They appear to think the answer to everything is killing. Pity, as many of the petioners seem genuine. Well, I am, anyway!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

OK. I took a good look. I`ve signed. Just looking for some-one to run my petition????

Folk against Fads!

Fish belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates.

Leather belongs on animals, not on shoes.

Rubber belongs in trees, not bicycles.

PETA activists should walk everywhere, not subject us mortals to extra polution.

They should feed on fresh air. A Scandinavian scientist has proved that plants experience a chemical reaction (that can be equated to pain in humans) when picked. Just how far do these moralists want to go?

Don`t have a good scratch, `cos you`ll kill some mites that live on our bodies???

What a load of winkers.

:P:P Paul. :P:P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

i know its hardly the fault of Pixar/disney but aquarium shops habe been swamped with people trying to buy clown fish. I have to say that I think the damage the collection methods of some tropical marine fish does to the particularly fragile reef enviroment far outwieghs the fallout from recreational fishing.

Just seems ironic that they choose to use that as a vehicle for enviromentalism, a commercial product with massive commercial exploits and spin offs.