The use of bass as bait

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Tackle doesnt have to cost a arm and leg, second hand trods and reels are an option to the would be angler on a budget. If second hand gear is purchased then good quality tackle can cost the same as just ok tackle. Would be anglers should not be put of this sport by cost.A good second hand carp rod and reel can be purchased for as little as 50 quid, a hand full of termanal tackle and a bucket of crabs and you have a bass angler in the making.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kentangler:

Kcrusty, you need some serious advice on how much to spend on tackle. Overspending on designer tackle will not catch more fish.

Judging from your profile, I take it that you still make your own split cane rods, with the bamboo canes for your runner beans :D:P

[ 07. March 2005, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: SandTiger ]

If you start from the top and read quietly down this thread it is giving the anti's who troll this site a good lot of ammunition. :(

Carry on like this and the only thing you will end up using will be lures, even worms will be blacklisted. :(

When it comes to tackle expenditure I would guess everyone does it a) according to his/hers pocket B) according to how much time you can use the equipment.

I always judge my expenditure against the years of happiness and relaxation I get from using it. :D

On a yearly basis some people spend ten times the ammount I spend pouring it into the ceramics and I tend to spend a reasonable amount per year. :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

kent angler your right im all ways telling people the same thing.things like that dont happen too often thankfully.(it dose prove the fact bass are stupid though)

i think the thousands of pounds i spend on fishing is totaly justifyed saying as every piece of gear i own has landed good quality fish(most days).

this is ment to be a conservation site forum and this thread is surgesting using our favorite sports frish as bait?????????????

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

loosing bait as an opption wouldnt really bother me as i have been getting ready for the bass season with a 8 weight saltwater greys GRX with 3 spare spools for obious reason.

and a good selection of salt water circle fly hooks and armed with the shooting heads will make it good kit for bass.i dont need bait to catch bass!

i fish for bass too there not bad fish to catch when you going to catch them.the fact that i think there a pest when you dont want to catch them is my oppion the fact that i dont like to eat them is my right, the fact i used them as bait when they woldnt swim away instead of wasting them sounds fairly consevation minded to me.

any other ethical questions you would like to ask