The use of bass as bait

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Salar:

The discussion on this thread about moral issues is fine - but don't think that anglers using small fish as bait is going to have any measurable impact on the number of fish in the sea. If you have ever seen the vast numbers of dead immature bass and other fish shovelled over the side of a prawn trawler as legitimate "by-catch" you would see what I mean :(

true Salar but should we just go on to do as we like and not act sensiblly? safe in the knowlwdge that what we do isnt right but there are others doing far worse??

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam-cox:

Yes bass anglers are a special breed, to catch sizable bass from the shore on a regular basis the bass angler has to posess almost super natural water craft instinkts.

Alternatively he could just stick on a bit of bread-flake and cast it into the Solent.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

thurso angler:

true Salar but should we just go on to do as we like and not act sensiblly? safe in the knowlwdge that what we do isnt right but there are others doing far worse??

Thurso, I'm not saying we should or shouldn't do either. I just wish we spent less time beating ourselves up and spent more energy trying to influence the people who are really doing the damage in the sea.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Kentangler. I think you better add up the cost of your gear next time your on the beach. 2 rods and 2 reels at the lower end of the market and your on 300 at the very least. rodstands, trascewallet all the terminal tackle. bait which can easily be 50 quids worth all add up. 500 is a very average amount of tackle. 2 decent rods and reels will put you on 500.

youl need to think harder about your next dig......

Tight Lines

Shaun