Kayak color

bobboy

can you order a PINK one for NIFTY?

He said it is his favourite colour :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink would be a very good colour

no one would nick it

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

personally I'd have thought White was the least visible colour during daylight , and thats why Simon is always audible when out :rolleyes:

From my days as Inshore Rescue coxswain white is the most difficult colour to pick out in rough conditions which is when most rescues take place. Orange is good IF fluorescent..take note of all the offshore safety clothing, markings on landing pads, RIBs etc. Yellow is highly visible in both day & night searches.

I had to do a boat test in the Solent once which entailed rolling the (bright yellow) boat (a 4mt sailing dinghy) through 360 degrees & the tester's comment was that he'd sooner the helicopter was looking for this than any other colour.

All the safety comments are valid but the prime consideration in all these is to check your forecast first & have someone on land know roughly where you are going to fish & what time you'll be back. The greatest life saver is the time saved by going straight to the right area...then being seen is the bonus! If you're in the water it's difficult to pick out buoyancy aid colours..reflective tape helps but you're as often in troughs as on peaks so a visible boat that you have stayed with is the easiest way to pinpoint position.

No commercial axe to grind by the way...we do all colours including olive drab & camo as well as the composite boats being white..you pays your money.......!!

Regards

Andrew

(JOW UK)

So what's your excuse Engelbert? :D

He sings for his supper coz he cant catch it (oooch low blow)

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I