Kayak color

bobboy

Hi every one, I Am newbie. :clap2:

I am looking to getting a prowler 13 and thought about colour.

My reasons are:-

Green = I just don’t like it.

Yellow = on a sunny day may suffer with a bit of glare.

Red = First colour to disappear in water and make me invisible.

I will be doing most of my fishing in and around Dale, Pemb’s as we have a holiday home there so I know a few good rock marks. If anyone knows any good marks around that area I would be grateful.

Thankyou.

Prowler 15 elite (Flame)

C-Tug

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi every one, I Am newbie. :clap2:

I am looking to getting a prowler 13 and thought about colour.

My reasons are:-

Green = I just don’t like it.

Yellow = on a sunny day may suffer with a bit of glare.

Red = First colour to disappear in water and make me invisible.

I will be doing most of my fishing in and around Dale, Pemb’s as we have a holiday home there so I know a few good rock marks. If anyone knows any good marks around that area I would be grateful.

Thankyou.

Yellow, no glare and the best colour :thumbs:

orange and yellow mixed is cool too!

Few of us fish Pembokeshire

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Several years ago I was involved with some colour tests at sea , i.e. what colour was the most visible in a rescue scenario, on the surface, and orange won hands down, thats why my yaks orange, you'll find a lot of working vessels have the roof of the wheelhouse painted orange, plus a lot of floatation suits have orange patches too (I know some are bright yellow), some of my friends still in the marine industry wear orange overalls when at work. I not saying that orange is the H.S.E's choice cos I don't know what the regs are now , as they change all the time, but orange did come out tops at the time of testing.

If your kayak colour is not that visible advise wearing a brightly coloured buoyancy aid - bright paddle blades will help too. Richi wears a high vis yellow vest and was very visible when I was fishing about 1/2 a mile away from him in Portland last month. I felt very vulnerable in my previous kayak, an olive green Caper when speedboats, yachts & jetskis were in the area.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Works both ways though --- I sometimes think that being very visible on the water can be like a red flag to a bull with some boaters. Have had some boaters spot me and turn full speed in my direction only to pull away in the closing yards.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

There are some idiots out on boats :(

Most people slow down or move away from you

I have only had one scary moment when I was out with GB, this £25k + was flying towards us and it was very shallow water (6ft), dont think he had a clue. It was also pretty dark

Kayakers should be seen and not heard, Safe paddling :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Blue of course - then the fish can't see you!!

:wallbash:

:headhurt:

After hearing about idiots in speed boats ect blue will be the last colour i'll pick, my life is more important than catching a fish.

Born to fish forced to work

green is unlucky on the water, i was really surprised when i saw that there was a green kayak available. i was most surprised.

Dont get yellow, everyone has a yellow one. Nice mango flame or sunrise flame, nice and visible from the air too

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network