I keep getting knocked off the internet

steve good

Device Manager

Right-click on 'My Computer'

Click on 'Properties'

Click on the 'Hardware' tab

Click on 'Device Manager button'

When the device manager opens look for the network adapters icon open that then double left click on the network card icon that applies to your puter another box should open look for the drivers icon on top of the box click open and your roll back driver option is there

Hi JackPike

Do I have highlight one of the drivers before clicking the roll over tab only there is a few of them.

If I do any idea which one

regards steve

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JackPike

Do I have highlight one of the drivers before clicking the roll over tab only there is a few of them.

If I do any idea which one

regards steve

Why do you think this will help? If you don't have the very same ethernet card, with the very same version of the drivers installed both post and pre rollback it is unlikely to help. If you have no previous version installed then you will roll back to no driver at all.

Hi corydoras

Thanks for help

done what you said and found event veiwer got 2500 a whole shoal of them lol, what do i look for and what do i do with it

steve

Is 2500 an event ID?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Orange update:

My broadband speed has been "pegged" at 2.2mbps, as of midnight yesterday, this being the speed that BT have told them is "stable".

I received a phone call from Orange this morning and sure enough the change is there this morning.

All we have to do now is go one month without any disconnections and we are home and dry.

I will keep you informed. (insert fingers crossed smile here)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Orange update:

My broadband speed has been "pegged" at 2.2mbps, as of midnight yesterday, this being the speed that BT have told them is "stable".

I received a phone call from Orange this morning and sure enough the change is there this morning.

All we have to do now is go one month without any disconnections and we are home and dry.

I will keep you informed. (insert fingers crossed smile here)

Hi Cranfield

Mine is still at 4mbp and I am still being disconnected

steve

Just a thought. All of you chaps who are having slow connection sppeds on ADSL Max (up to 8Mb) can always ask their ISP for a new training period. During the training period (this lasts for 7-10 days depending on your ISP) be sure to turn your router off and on two or three times a day. This can work wonders in some situations, other times it will have no benefit at all..

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote