I keep getting knocked off the internet

steve good

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you buy internet services from a phone company. I use and recommend Demon.

Nildram and Eclipse are very good and Pipex are top notch, but for £25 quid per month Pipex are not cheap.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I had that problem just kept getting knocked off the net it was driving me mad . So I opened the windows Event Viewer which liststhe problem of the NIC Card timing out so I open the device manager and rolled back the drivers options and now everything is OK

Where do you find the "Event Viewer" and "device manager" , please ?

I have Windows XP and browse with Firefox (if that helps). :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

This is what happens when you buy internet services from a phone company.

I had two TalkTalk girls knock on my door a few weeks back. I explained that I rely on the internet for my income and there was no way, after hearing other's experiences of their service, that I would touch them with a bargepole.

Mind you, the two girls who knocked on the door.....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Where do you find the "Event Viewer" and "device manager" , please ?

I have Windows XP and browse with Firefox (if that helps). :)

There are several ways to get to these. These are my methods.

Event Viewer.

Start, run, type in eventvwr, click OK

Device Manager

Right-click on 'My Computer'

Click on 'Properties'

Click on the 'Hardware' tab

Click on 'Device Manager button'

Anothe suggestion. If you have one of those hideous USB modem gizmos to connect to the internet, ditch it and buy a proper router.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There are several ways to get to these. These are my methods.

Event Viewer.

Start, run, type in eventvwr, click OK

Device Manager

Click on 'Properties'

Anothe suggestion. If you have one of those hideous USB modem gizmos to connect to the internet, ditch it and buy a proper router.

Hi corydoras

Thanks for help

done what you said and found event veiwer got 2500 a whole shoal of them lol, what do i look for and what do i do with it

steve

Hi corydoras

Thanks for help

done what you said and found event veiwer got 2500 a whole shoal of them lol, what do i look for and what do i do with it

steve

Device Manager

Click on 'Properties'

When the device manager opens look for the network adapters icon open that then double left click on the network card icon that applies to your puter another box should open look for the drivers icon on top of the box click open and your roll back driver option is there

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

mines been disconecting every few minutes ,the indian lady couldnt get my details on her computer but stated it would be working in 72 hours! ,if she cant find me ,test the line,or hasent clicked i'm using the phone connected to the router how does she know? ,i guess she got to the bottom of the stock answer sheet :angry:

3 disconections in the time i'v written this!!!!!!!!!

my dsl light has been flashing on and off for days ,i bet though when they test the line its on!!!

had 2 phonecalls back from the tech section (bt is expensive but at least they try) the first had me dismantling the phone socket looking for a hidden socket that didnt exist and the second went through everything the first two did ,once he clicked there was nothing wrong with the phoneline (seeing as i was using it to speak to him) the said monitor the connection and if it doesent improve get back to them!

he promissed an improvement in 24 hours far better than the 72 the first indian dweller quoted ,but we will see ! only a new cable from the box at the end of my overhead (over 100yards without support) line to the xchange would improve things i would say!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson