What if?

Dick Dastardly

But why draw out the process by chasing it first? That is not quick. That isn't humane, that is cruel. Why make a huge song and party out of it, it is pathetic.

But, except for the end kill, how is that any different from hooking a fish and making it exhaust itself through a long and drawn out fight (bringing it back to fishing, Anderoo ;) ).

Any discussion like this is bound to highlight oodles of hypocrisy on both sides of the coin and I suspect every single person who has replied to this thread (including me) have displayed a certain amount of hypocrisy in one form or another.

There's a South Park episode (taking it away from fishing, AGAIN) about censorship (where an image of Mohammed is to be aired on TV) and its basic byline when it's boiled down to its core is "it's either all okay, or none of it is". And that's the only way that hypocrisy can't enter into this discussion, because we have sensible people on here saying "fishing is basically hunting, so why have a problem with hunting and not with fishing?" and we have sensible people saying "hunting and fishing are two completely separate things, so should not be compared".

I believe the answer to this whole thread is - there is no answer.

Fifteen pages for a cop-out. It's Contact all over again.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the answer to this whole thread is - there is no answer.

Fifteen pages for a cop-out. It's Contact all over again.

No the answer to this thread would have been, yes or no, in reply to Budgies hypothetical question. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

if i had to kill everything i caught id stop fishing unless i was going to get some trout or salmon for the pot, imagine if i had to kill that 20lb pike i caught

Indeed. Not least the fact that pike invariably taste like sh*t. Not literally. But they're usually pretty awful.

Indeed. Not least the fact that pike invariably taste like sh*t. Not literally. But they're usually pretty awful.

Actually, pike can be excellent. I guess it depends where it's from.

Guest tigger
Isn't it about time you lot turned off your computers and went fishing?

:-)

MC

Have you seen it outside ? Here it's blowing a gale and lashing down.

Anderoo I think your right, Budgie where are you, your threads run amuck ?

Have you seen it outside ? Here it's blowing a gale and lashing down.

Same here.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Actually, pike can be excellent. I guess it depends where it's from.

True, pike from a clean water, like the ones we get here are superior to rainbows taken from a muddy hole put an take fishery. I cooked up a jack from a midlands lake years ago and discovered why some people find them poor eating, it was awful.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

This is now a topic about anything other than fishing.

Budgie, your topic needs you! B)

Andrew, and everyone who is asking for Budgie. He is away from home at the moment and will be back soon to the topic soon!

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/