SEA ANGLERS FAIL TO BITE

big_cod1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Just been reading through the fishing news and as the topic says the headline is sea anglers refuse to bite what it actually says is in its little dig is that the national federation of sea anglers are now litterally back healing the rod licecences scernario as they have just suddenly realized anglers arent to blame for fish over explotation from our seas my lord a brain wave.

The national fedaration is now saying they strongly against licences because you will be getting nothing for it( DONT TELL ANYBODY BUT THEY HAVE JUST FOUND OUT) and why should anglers pay a fee to fish in the sea when each succesive goverment has let the seas to over fished by the commercial sector for years. :lol:

Paul.

What anglers and there representatives need (in this part of the world especially) are allies and backing. Regardless from what quarter it comes.

If commercial fishermen are backing anglers (in what ever form) you should grasp that support in what ever way you can.

There is no room for personal grievances when it comes to fighting for your livelihood.

Commercial fishermen are not your enemy Paul. You know that as well as I do. they would never intentionally do you any harm, and come on, if it was not for commercial fishermen, then there would be know recreational angling business as we know it today from Whitby.

If commercial fishermen have as much clout as you say they have and there offering you any sorts of olive branch then grip it with both hands.

The battle ahead won’t be with commercial fishermen it will be with the people that commercial fishermen have been fighting for years. And experienced allies if you ask me. One that you are going to need if angling as we know it has any chance of survival.

Regards.

Paul.

What anglers and there representatives need (in this part of the world especially) are allies and backing. Regardless from what quarter it comes.

If commercial fishermen are backing anglers (in what ever form) you should grasp that support in what ever way you can.

There is no room for personal grievances when it comes to fighting for your livelihood.

Commercial fishermen are not your enemy Paul. You know that as well as I do. they would never intentionally do you any harm, and come on, if it was not for commercial fishermen, then there would be know recreational angling business as we know it today from Whitby.

If commercial fishermen have as much clout as you say they have and there offering you any sorts of olive branch then grip it with both hands.

The battle ahead won’t be with commercial fishermen it will be with the people that commercial fishermen have been fighting for years. And experienced allies if you ask me. One that you are going to need if angling as we know it has any chance of survival.

Regards.

Sorry John i didnt see an olive branch in whitby gazette when a certain leader of commercial fishing industry was calling for anglers to have licences and to have bag limits. :schmoll:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry John i didnt see an olive branch in Whitby gazette when a certain leader of commercial fishing industry was calling for anglers to have licences and to have bag limits. :schmoll:

Or when the organisation he is a member of put the boot in on the Bass MLS when they met with Ben Bradshawe.

Edited by glennk

Guest challenge
Sorry John i didnt see an olive branch in whitby gazette when a certain leader of commercial fishing industry was calling for anglers to have licences and to have bag limits. :schmoll:

I admire his restraint. You have spent months on here attacking commercial fishermen because you cannot catch the fish your anglers would like to catch. Now you’re going to slag off the same people because they are retaliating by saying that you should try a bit of trying to make a living under unworkable rules. See how long it is before somebody gets prosecuted for breaking them.

You just carry on attacking commercials Paul, (I am sure that they all take your well founded criticism from your vast experience of the industry) and tell your mate glenk to keep his subscriptions up with Greenpeace and things should work out just fine for you in the end.

Regards.

I admire his restraint. You have spent months on here attacking commercial fishermen because you cannot catch the fish your anglers would like to catch. Now you’re going to slag off the same people because they are retaliating by saying that you should try a bit of trying to make a living under unworkable rules. See how long it is before somebody gets prosecuted for breaking them.

You just carry on attacking commercials Paul, (I am sure that they all take your well founded criticism from your vast experience of the industry) and tell your mate glenk to keep his subscriptions up with Greenpeace and things should work out just fine for you in the end.

Regards.

John you really do make me laugh at times you couldnt make it up what you have posted here but i do like the bit about what my anglers i nearly fell of my stool with laughter you really do have a good sense of humour john, so come on then as you are a real angler thses days are you agreeing what he said then about anglers haveing rod licences and bag limits or do you condone what he said the anser in english please be care you might indike yourself here .

regards.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg