New look Sea Angler mag

Toerag

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a novice I have found the mag of great benefit but do agree with comments on repetion of some of the basics but looking to ? try mull pollack mark soon

some of the long threads in the forum are hillarious :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Can't believe I missed this topic some very funny replys and all very true. Have been buying Sea Angler for some years now and I think they have a monthly template that goes out year after year. The only thing I would say is they've dropped the 'where to fish guide', which was quite a good feature.

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

One of the quirks of the new look October edition is around p68 we are off to fish for bass with Henry Gilbey and Rick Stein on the Ecrehous with Ian le Blanq and his RIB. Page 188 we are off to the Ecrehous again with someone else and Ian le Blanc, shurely the shame guy, in his smart new RIB.

Funnily enough on Rick Stein's Food Heroes tonight we are off to taste fresh sea bass caught off the Ecrehous! Will Ian le Blanc be hovering in the background, we will have to wait and see!

That should be p 198.

In the same article Gorey has changed into Gory, that must be a bl**dy difficult place to get to!

Also the parish of St Catherine's has been added to the island.

I am going to read my copy of Worm Dangler with a pinch of salt in future, if they can make these mistakes in the tiny island of Jersey; English speaking and free maps readily available from Jersey Tourism, every hotel and car hire firm, what sort of errors creep in when they go further afield.

On the rod reviews the comments on the RT Axellerator have been chopped off by a sleeping sub, so we will never know what they thought of rod No 10.

Tom Pinborough:

Hi all

what did you think of the editorial on the licences.

cheers

Tom

Strong words which should be accompanied by the united voice of Anglers. A poll to tell the Government what we really think of the idea may be useful. None of this namby pamby 'I wouldn't mind paying if they'll make things better for us'. For crying out loud, Fish stocks are at an all time low due to inshore and spawning ground overfishing.Damage to the sea bed and fragile eco-sytems by industrial outfits has never been so severe. They want us to pay for a promise, a promise they have little control over because, unlike Russia who shoot illegals out of the water, we have to compromise with the uncomprisable, European commercials. Put it right, lay the goods (not a description of) out on the stall and then try and sell it, meanwhile keep the pipedreams.

Rant over. Apologies but it winds me up.