scupper pro owners

boomphat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite right - the deep seat provides good back support. You would do well to bung the holes in the seat though, unless you like colonic irrigation! OR put a thin sheet of foam there. Being below waterline the surge u through the holes can be, distracting. With the seat drainage holes stopped up it relieves the tension!

Great kayak. Cargo well is smaller than the Prowlers etc - but adequate for what you need to take. Nice flat central spine for putting bits on.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Ta, all the scupper pro owners seem to be happy with their yaks, and I'm interested that its one of the fastest yaks (allegedly)

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

Ta, all the scupper pro owners seem to be happy with their yaks, and I'm interested that its one of the fastest yaks (allegedly)

It IS a fast kayak, I can keep up with my mates sit inside (same as one I had but lost in a fire) and thats a Perception carolina. It was my concern when I got my first SOT that he would leave me standing.... NOPE ha ha :thumbs:

I have the seat though for my aged bum to be comfy!! You DO lose a little stability because of the narrower beam, but you only really notice when you sit on a P15 and realise you can sit sideways and rock em to the gunnels!! but the SPTW is ok for this too but not as forgiving as the P15 I must say.

The only yak I would change mine for is the P15 as I have long legs and need the space :thumbs:

Good luck :clap:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

post-6361-1177235246_thumb.jpg

I already have a Drifter and a P13, I just fancied something sleeker still. It's interesting that you like the P15 so much.

I mean a P15 purely for a fishing kayak :thumbs: The reason I opted for the scupper is that I do a lot of distance leisure paddling too and it is an easy yak to paddle IMO :D

SDD~~~~ :sun: