scupper pro owners

boomphat

commando...ta. So central screws means its a NZ...hmm

NO - a long beak and can't fly means it is a KIWI ......

if it flies it is from the USA (Darnsarf.....you might need to explain <_< )

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still torn, looks great, but I'm concerned to hear of Prowler owners falling out of Scupper Pros! I don't want it for fishing, just for leisure paddling.

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

I'm still torn, looks great, but I'm concerned to hear of Prowler owners falling out of Scupper Pros! I don't want it for fishing, just for leisure paddling.

Don't worry boomphat, The Scupper Pro is more stable than the Prowlers, (P13 anyway). I have been chucked out of my P13 in the Surf Zone several times and once whilst an even less experienced paddler was paddling my Scupper a few yards away from me. I have not as yet been chucked out of The Scupper.

Because it is narrower and has a lower centre of gravity you can sit just astern of the seat with your legs and feet dangling over the side and still be stable and I would not want to do that with the P13.

If you can get your bum in the seat then the Scupper Pro is exactly what you want if you want a kayak for coastal leisure paddling if you want a competitively priced plastic sit on top (in my opinion).

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Don't worry boomphat, The Scupper Pro is more stable than the Prowlers, (P13 anyway). I have been chucked out of my P13 in the Surf Zone several times and once whilst an even less experienced paddler was paddling my Scupper a few yards away from me. I have not as yet been chucked out of The Scupper.

Because it is narrower and has a lower centre of gravity you can sit just astern of the seat with your legs and feet dangling over the side and still be stable and I would not want to do that with the P13.

If you can get your bum in the seat then the Scupper Pro is exactly what you want if you want a kayak for coastal leisure paddling if you want a competitively priced plastic sit on top (in my opinion).

Moonyaker

have you tried standing up in her yet Jules? :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

have you tried standing up in her yet Jules? :rolleyes:

Well yes Richi, I did, but it was on my lawn and I found it rather unstable.

But ,I think that that might have had something to do with the Stella Artois and I was not convinced that Ocean Kayaks had anything to do with this instability.

Perhaps if you fly fish, standing up in a yak might be important but it is not something that I have tried on the water to date.................nor fly fishing from a Kayak also.

I think that I am with SDD on this one............

Boomphat, just buy one ...............you won't regret it!

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

Boomphat - As you mentioned in the North Wales forum everyone who owns a Scupper Pro thinks they are great.

I know Zebras comments about 'experienced P13 users' falling out have put you off but I wouldn't completely discount it. Take one for a test paddle courtesy of Brookbank then you will know for sure.

Perhaps I should have posted this reply on the North Wales thread but since you are posting here as well here it is!

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Ta for all replies folks, my bum fits fine, gonna see another couple tomorrow, I'm too impatient to wait for Brookbank Demo Day though! Initially we saw a Venus 10 that my wife liked, but as only she could fit it, I thought it best to get a yak that everyone else can use as well, but I don't want my teenagers falling out unnecessarily. That why I'm proceeding with caution.

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

My 11 year old loves the Scupper, easier to paddle than the P13, and the 9 year old prefers it too.

KAYAKS:

Its the Dogs doodaas. Its interesting that while many owners of other yaks buy the Scupper as their prefered choice I have not known any move away from the SPTW. Its not perfect, but there is just something special about being that low in the water. Probably a bit like driving a sports car after driving a 4 x 4.

Hands Off

Just dont use it as an air to ground missile. Although it does home with unerring accuracy when targeting large expensive cars.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)