scupper pro owners

boomphat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says on some sites that the Scupper Pro is for small to medium paddlers, yet I am 6'3" and nearly 16 stone and I seem to fit just right? The one I've seen doesn't have a cupholder or a bungee for a flask...is this an ancient edition?

Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Flame

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro Flame

Says on some sites that the Scupper Pro is for small to medium paddlers, yet I am 6'3" and nearly 16 stone and I seem to fit just right? The one I've seen doesn't have a cupholder or a bungee for a flask...is this an ancient edition?

Because of the narrower beam, the scupper can be a tight fit for the errrrrrrrrrr beamier kayaker :rolleyes:

As for cup holder, cmon!! ha ha :thumbs::thumbs:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

I'm a thirsty paddler! These little details make the difference. I have really enjoyed cold tins of cola, and on my Drifter recently I had tea in my favourite mug.

Who doesn't like luxurious paddling?

I'm a thirsty paddler! These little details make the difference. I have really enjoyed cold tins of cola, and on my Drifter recently I had tea in my favourite mug.

Well, fair one :thumbs: If however you get a NZ scupper, there are two captive screw threads on the central column. These take standard S/S bolts (M something!) and, if you look at my pic in the posts above you will see that I have added a bike drink bottle holder. This cost £2.99 and simply screwed in place (must have been made for this) so you can guzzle to your hearts content ha ha :clap2:

I must admit, I do like a nice cold drink of orange or the like while at sea as the salt seems to make me parched!.

Dave

Hang on! I've found just the yak for ya! :lol::lol::lol:

Dave :sun:

post-6361-1177437243_thumb.jpg

SDD Great Yak! Yeah it has 2 screw threads in the middle. Good ruse with the drink cage! The one I've seen has 2 straps on the back, not bungee, and no cupholder, as featured in the OK catalogue, thats why I wondered if it was an old one.

I dont have the NZ model with the screws in the centre console so I added 2 sets of pad eyes and bungee buttons with some bungee cord. I hope you can see what I mean in the photo, Its one of the few I have. You can't see the second set as they are under the fish.

20070418013kj5.jpg

I.M.O. it is a top kayak. I would definately recommend one.

20070418006ph5.jpg

Cobra Tourer

OK Scupper Pro

Dorset