Rod Licence

Myster

Whatever you think of the rod license and what the EA do with the money, it is the law. It's much like having road tax and wondering where all that money goes!

I personally would not go out without a rod license, I don't want the hassle of looking over my shoulder all the time in case someone comes checking (although this seems to be a rare occurrence!!). Besides, £24.50 is not a fortune :mellow: :mellow:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in part! The government does fund the EA, sadly the amount seems to be reduced each year.

Colin

Which is why we pay a licence fee. The Government can cut the funding to the EA whenever it feels like it. At least they have the licence money to rely on, for things like this.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/Thames_Hi...ent_patrol.html

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger

The rivers, canals, lakes and all the other waterways are there for "ALL" so it shouldn't be a reason for the British Angler to be penalised by having to pay for a rod lisense. And then they have the cheek to threaten you with legal action if you use more than two rods without buying yet another soding lisense.

At the end of the day the ripp off goverment get more than enough revenue out of tackle sales etc.

I had a walk down the river douglas near my home the other day and it is absolutly full to bursting with household rubbish as it has been for years and the so called EA haven't lifted a finger to do any clearing up!

It's just another jumped up law to squeeze yet more money out of the working class people!

I had a walk down the river douglas near my home the other day and it is absolutly full to bursting with household rubbish as it has been for years and the so called EA haven't lifted a finger to do any clearing up!

What did they say when you phoned them ?

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

It's completely reasonable to not buy a rod license - and while you're at it why not have a drink, drive to the lake faster than the speed limit (without tax and insurance, natch) and sneak in the back way to avoid having to pay for a day ticket :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The rivers, canals, lakes and all the other waterways are there for "ALL" so it shouldn't be a reason for the British Angler to be penalised by having to pay for a rod lisense. And then they have the cheek to threaten you with legal action if you use more than two rods without buying yet another soding lisense.

At the end of the day the ripp off goverment get more than enough revenue out of tackle sales etc.

It's just another jumped up law to squeeze yet more money out of the working class people!

Waterways are not there "for all", no more than land is there "for all". If they were, then there would be no need for clubs, associations, syndicates, commercials etc, to run the fisheries.

If there is a problem with household waste on a water, then your anger should be aimed at the a**holes who put it there.

Who holds the rights to the water? If it's a club then a working party can be arranged to clear it up. If it's a 'free' water, then it's a local amenity and the local council will do it, or even better, get local groups with an interest and form a working party. (it breeds community spirit, and makes more people aware of the situation). I've done it a few times on local waters, it's fun, satisfying, and you can get local stores to help with the tools. We even got a barbeque and free grub from a couple of local outlets, on one occassion!

I have said many times on here that I have had few problems with my local EA office.

If I've reported a pollution incident, they have been on the scene quickly, I have had follow up phone calls, and even progress reports on the situations.

If I have phoned with a query, then the fisheries staff have always been helpful, either themselves or by advising me where to get the information I need.

IMO, the fisheries department, do a very difficult job, but on the whole, do it well, within the constraints that the budget and government place on them.

They are not there to cart away 'fly tipping'. It's time some got off there backsides, and helped to protect their interest in a pastime that they say they love, instead of just moaning about it.

John.

PS I've never found a need to use more than 2 rods, (I prefer just the one).

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I had never considered this! I didn't realise baliffs would take this as alternative payment!

:P

Rich

Some can be a bit tight, but most are pretty accommodating... :headhurt:

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest tigger
It's completely reasonable to not buy a rod license - and while you're at it why not have a drink, drive to the lake faster than the speed limit (without tax and insurance, natch) and sneak in the back way to avoid having to pay for a day ticket :rolleyes:

I havn't got a problem with paying for a day ticket/club ticket and haven't said that as I haven't mentioned breaking the speed limit, drink driving, or sneakin about, so "Anderoo" don't make up words I haven't said.