CentrePin Reels

RPM

RPM , i can only agree with what the others have said and would also recommend the aventa-pro . i had one before the sheffield came out i liked it so much i brought a second .ido have a bit of good news something for you to ponder .

i have in my possession a aventa pro that a friend as asked me to put on e-bay for him ,Its only been used a few times ,( He's decided He fancies a j.w.heritage (youngs) and needs to sell the aventa to put the money towards his new toy ) I've tried to talk sence to him but to no avail ,He wants £50+£3 P&P you can have first choice !

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At £53.00 you won't loose a great deal if, in the unlikely event, you do decide pins are not for you. And lets be honest, you will fall in love with a pin, and the Avanta will be the workhorse that you actually use. As a tool it is excellent, and then all your fancy, work of art pins can sit in a display cabinet, to be savoured and admired, but never to be used in anger, just in case they get marked!

Do anglers share some kind of collective empathy ?

I've been thinking about Centre Pins too. (And I've only been fishing half a dozen times (must have been bitten by the bug)).

Prehaps its because the season is starting again soon and I've been thinking about trying the Colne over in Uxbridge.

I've been trying to remember if a Centre Pin was my first reel or whether I just had a wooden cotton reel mounted on a hinge, I would only have been about five. I know later as a teenager I had a closed face reel that was a birthday present.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

a centrepin may not be the best all-round trotting reel but out shines all others in the experience and pleasure stakes when used .A closed faced reel has its ease of use and open faced has its efficiency and speed (cranking) but these are mealy tools whilst a centrepin is a engine.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

but these are mealy tools whilst a centrepin is a engine.

I use my pin more on still waters than rivers! If I'm using a float I'll probably be using a pin!

Rich

RPM , you have a e-mail with the links to the articles and video's .( ha , i found my aventa it was still on a rod in a sleave in fron't of my fridge as you come into the work/fishing room ) i hope you have many a hours fishing with your new toy , if you have any questions just ask away.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

RPM , you have a e-mail with the links to the articles and video's .( ha , i found my aventa it was still on a rod in a sleave in fron't of my fridge as you come into the work/fishing room ) i hope you have many a hours fishing with your new toy , if you have any questions just ask away.

Thanks indeed chavender, I will have a look at the links before the season starts.

Thanks also for the heads up on this reel. A very nice and almost new example of a device that normally costs almost twice the price. Very happy and roll on 16th June.

p.s. showed my own man and I think he has designs on it as he used to use centrepins 'wen he worra lad'.

He can have it when I get my Chris Lythe pin when I get my next bonus.

Edited by RPM

I use my pin more on still waters than rivers! If I'm using a float I'll probably be using a pin!

Rich

As do I, theres nothing quite like the feel of a good tench or carp on float tackle and a 'pin!

Although I do head off to the Chalkstreams for a day or two grayling fishing each winter too :)

Mat

Mat

Interesting read as I am thinking about getting a pin for pike fishing on the rivers

I was put off by the price but since te Okuma seems to be recomended as a good real at the price I may have to invest in one now.

Do people use braid with CP reels when targeting large fish such as pike?

Do people use braid with CP reels when targeting large fish such as pike?

I use Fireline Crystal (in various B/S) on all my pins - don't use a CP for piking but do for barbel...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog