two face skippers

iggy

only been boat fishing once at whitby, i got told off for using braid lol, then i got all my hooks cut anything over the 1 one hook this happened to, makes his job easier to sort tangles out i was told, fair enough but then the crunch came he asked me were i usally do my boat fishing from which i replied hartlepool.

his reply was what a load of crap fishing from there nothing but muddy bottom he said, also said he had a boat form hpool and he spent all day steaming to fish the whitby grounds.

so what crap he spoke about hpool next thing you know hes now based there makes me laugh with some people

only been boat fishing once at whitby, i got told off for using braid lol, then i got all my hooks cut anything over the 1 one hook this happened to, makes his job easier to sort tangles out i was told, fair enough but then the crunch came he asked me were i usally do my boat fishing from which i replied hartlepool.

his reply was what a load of crap fishing from there nothing but muddy bottom he said, also said he had a boat form hpool and he spent all day steaming to fish the whitby grounds.

so what crap he spoke about hpool next thing you know hes now based there makes me laugh with some people

Try some trips down the english channel. There you get hospitality, help from both the skipper and the crew, if any skipper thought that sarcasm and arrogance was the order of the day, he will spend all his fishing career looking for new crew.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

i got told off for using braid lol,

I recently had a trip from Whitby where, I was told by new members of the crew and some of his friends that nylon is better than braid when jigging for cod.

This horrified me because when it bows out it causes tangles and loses you fishing time, as well as making hook ups harder.

It was also very gauling for me to hear this beiing said because I had just managed to perswade a friend (Derbyshire local lad ,thik int head and strong int arm) to change over to braid after being continually tangled up by him when club fishing.

I must admit I had told him that most of the anglers on this particular trip where very experienced, and nylon was not allowed.

Still in the end he has learned from that trip experience that braid is best.

Hi Iggy,

Is there a prize if I correctly guess who you are talking about?

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

The prize if you post your guess will be a deleted post.

We've had problems in the past with overly sensitive skippers who took exception to having any pejoritive comments posted here - got quite irate in fact and threatened to sue. Don't need any more of that.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Iggy,

JB

Good afternoon John...you should be painting/doing the garden etc or do you think it's a big prize,don't you think though there was many a time that on your boat,the hookias should have been left in the box and fish the single hook job,as you know works.....but like the chap says having them cut off??? is abit up front to me for a boat owner/skipper to advise....but you take advice from the skipper and crew....you know it worked with me...think it could have been JM's advice and Michelle's will for me to catch that size of fish...but we will have ago later on in the year if George is going to take it 190mls out...as Big Cod said about a 50lb close in from a trawler ,they are there...just packed bags for tenerife in the morning...I loaded the car up with Norway stuff for my return on the 24th yesterday...then it's Norway till 04/06...speak later say hello to all,,cheers and good luck with the decorating in your later years.

The prize if you post your guess will be a deleted post.

We've had problems in the past with overly sensitive skippers who took exception to having any pejoritive comments posted here - got quite irate in fact and threatened to sue. Don't need any more of that.

Hi, Newt!

Michele here, in John's absence. I'm sorry you took offence at John's post - his sense of humour has obviously been misinterpreted, alas. Believe me, John would never be so stupid, naive and unkind as to actually name the skipper he believes was being talked about! I'm surprised that anyone - like yourself - would ever seriously think he would.

I apologise on John's behalf, as I am sure he would be mortified to think his post was interpreted as being potentially malicious.

Kind regards,

Michele

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Hi Michele. I didn't take offense at his post and in fact, most posts I delete do not offend me personally.

As to John's sense of humor, I'll have to take your word for it. I never detected any but then I've missed quite a few posts since I normally only read the Whidby topics if someone reports them and I am required to examine them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Iggy i can only oplologize as to your experience believe me that is not the mill of the road of the road 99% of the skippers i know all know the benefacts of using braid it gives you high bite detection and 100% feel with the bottom it is unfortunate that like you have had a very bad experience the boat you indicate to is now not in whitby there is some really top class angler skippers here in whitby who know the full adavantage of using braid .

regards

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

i still say braid is the way forward, but skippers hate it , they prefer nylon as tangles are a lot easier to sort out. but braid controlled properly is excellent. ps any 1 know of a cheap b and b in witby lol

"Blencathra" up by the church ..........Crescent Avenue is the street i do believe mate, and also the Granby (pub) do great grub.......or used to , havn't been in there in years.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009