Shock leaders

Jack Sparrow

Cheers for that Glenn :thumbs: , hopefully someone will show me one day, as im thick as hell when it comes to learning Knots, should have seen my first purse nets i use for rabbeting :wallbash::rolleyes:

Mike even if you buy purpose made shock leader, you would still have to learn knots as you still need to tie them to your main line, my question was asked because since i stopped sea fishing a few years ago, the internet wasnt even available to the general public, and look how far that has come in a few years, so i was just wondering if line technology had gone the same way.

Regards

jack

Edited by Jack Sparrow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in answer to your question I haved used greased weasel for years and its never let me down I generally use an albright but will use a uni if I have to tie on a new leader on the beach as its alot easier with cold hands.

Cheers for that Glenn :thumbs: , hopefully someone will show me one day, as im thick as hell when it comes to learning Knots, should have seen my first purse nets i use for rabbeting :wallbash::rolleyes:

Mike even if you buy purpose made shock leader, you would still have to learn knots as you still need to tie them to your main line, my question was asked because since i stopped sea fishing a few years ago, the internet wasnt even available to the general public, and look how far that has come in a few years, so i was just wondering if line technology had gone the same way.

Regards

jack

Here you go mate, another step-by-step version of the Bimini:

http://www.fishplatypus.com.au/biminitwist.htm

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Regards

jack

No no Jack :o I wasn't saying you were bone idle :rolleyes: Don't forget those other things where people used to find out stuff, now... what were they called..... books :clap2:

On my multipliers I always use a tapered leader, main line 12lbs to a 60lb is a bit hit and miss for me, 12lb to a tapered leader with a 60lb head works really well, nice neat knot which does not gather weed as much and I think and it only a personal opinion that you get a smoother cast.

I always believed apart from being 10lbs per oz of lead the other import thing was the extra stretchabilty of the leader being able to absorb the force of the cast.

This setup is great for a reasonably clean mark where your not lifting fish up cliff faces or fishing over rocky ground etc.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Never actually used a tapered leader, infact Ive only started using leaders at all over the past couple of years. I was very sceptical about them fearing the knot area could be a potential week link resulting in endless lost leaders and fish. The opposite seems to be the case I often go weeks or months without losing 1 leader, even in quite rough ground and they prolong the life of your mainline.

Edited by glennk