Amble weekend 23/24-10-04 space available

peterthefisherman

Hi All, Just got back from Amble about an hour ago, car started acting up on the way down ,got a couple of push starts over the weekend, thanks guys,specially the two anglers and their families who were in a caravanette in the carpark,they gave me a tow start,so I made it home safely. The fishing wasnt up to much, the weather was great yesterday tho'.Dave (the Skipper) worked his butt off again to get us fish, but nothing really doing.We fished loads of wrecks,to no avail, we had a few cod, mackeral, whiting,a Grey Gurnard for Peter,and that was it.......lost loads of gear and weights, but hey, thats life.....Simply ,there were fish, but they werent feeding,for some reason, and we tried all sorts of methods.The hotel was good, the food was brilliant, had a blinder of a kebab last night, and am now paying for it.... :rolleyes: But, I must tell you about one who shall remain nameless,Lastnight,he was in room 111, he woke up at 1.30am sitting on the floor of the corrider outside room 200 something, in his jockey shorts,hair all over the place,(thats the only time he didnt have a baseball cap on and he hadnt been drinking at all BTW)and tried to get into the said room,thank god he didnt make it, as the hotel was full of oldies on a tour, ,so down the two flights of stairs in his knick knacks, to ask the night porter (he got a real fright too)"can you let me into my room please mister" The porter duly did just that, on getting back into his room, he then proceeded to throw his ring up..... We only found out about this at breakfast this morning. :D:D I did tell the aforementioned person that I would put this on AN, but assured him that I wouldnt give his name, but can say that it starts with Shaun.....

Him, Peter and Jabee are beachfishing at the moment, on the Northumberland coast somewhere,and I've just heard that it is a bit rough,(we cancelled todays boat trip),and the fishing is slow, but Peter has had a 3 bearded Rockling.....

All in all, a good trip,with great guys and good craic, and nice weather,and a great skipper too.

Thanks to all involved....see you all soon. :D

PS, got some pics so will do them later on today hopefully.

Alan, Sorry ,I tried to call you, but the signal was awful.....will speak to you tomorrow mate.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Norrie, What can i say, Superb trip, Loads off fun and great company, Cant allways have the fish, and dont always need them to have a great time,

I think i better get seen to by a GP about that sleepwalking :D Had me laughing for ages that, Was confused as hell at the ime tho :) Sure you guys didnt slip some vodka in that cokje of mine??? :D

Further to the shore report, Peter caught a wee belter of a rockling, and that was about it realy, Had a fantastic time tho...

Tight Lines

Shaun

8 hours to get there - 4 1/2 hours to get back!

Fishing wasn't up to much but skipper worked hard to try and find them for us.

Peter, Shaun and I met up with my Uncle and fished from the shore at Beadnell for a few pleasant hours today before heading home.

Great company for the weekend and nice to put names to a couple of more faces.

Roll on the next trip.

Norrie - where's the pics?

Shaun - where's your room

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Heres the pics, not a lot, but will have to do nonetheless.....

Firstly, Jabee, with a cracker of a hat....

Posted Image

Then, The sleepwalker....

Posted Image

Peter, Hauling up a BIG cod of about 3lbs, it won him, £4, and he got £4 for first fish of the day too....jammy sod....

Posted Image

Yours truly, with the first codling of the day, we didnt have many more to be honest....

Posted Image

Couple more on the next post.... :D

Theocritis..

I'm quite pleased with this pic of Peters Gurnard....

Posted Image

We also did a bit of seal watching....

Posted Image

Last but not least, This lovely wee island, just off Amble..full of seals too..Actually forgot to ask the skipper its name, anyone care to enlighten me/us ????

Posted Image

Will that do you John ???? :D:D:D

As I said before, thanks for a great weekend.... :D

Theocritis..

Now I know what it is like to read a great topic about a trip without being able to go :(:)

Put me down for the next one please, cash up front etc.

Thanks for posting lads, it brightened up a misserable day :D

Alan

ps Phil Dean, get your name down

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/