Trawlermen BBC NEW PROGRAME STARTS 18 JUNE

CLICKER

Cod is it a endangered species?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. yes

• no

Soon there will be no product left to sell!

Please tell us the reasons behind and how you came to that conclusion, Sam.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would commercial fishermen be able to use rod and line fishing on a more efficient scale than the rsa barry?. Most of the charter boats in the SW take upto 12 men who are paying for the trip, these 12 men then catch a nice amount of pollack for the skipper/owner who over the season probably makes more through the sale of the fish than the fee paid by the passnegers. Are these people classed as commercial fisherman?

I fish from a small port in SE Cornwall and now dont bother with pollacking because the marks are generally fished out or are being fished by a number of rsa's. Their landings also have an effect on the price because there is a greater and more consistant supply. I have also heard that it has gone this way down West aswell.

Edited by Cornishman

How would commercial fishermen be able to use rod and line fishing on a more efficient scale than the rsa barry?. Most of the charter boats in the SW take upto 12 men who are paying for the trip, these 12 men then catch a nice amount of pollack for the skipper/owner who over the season probably makes more through the sale of the fish than the fee paid by the passnegers. Are these people classed as commercial fisherman?

I fish from a small port in SE Cornwall and now dont bother with pollacking because the marks are generally fished out or are being fished by a number of rsa's. Their landings also have an effect on the price because there is a greater and more consistant supply. I have also heard that it has gone this way down West aswell.

Hi Cornishman. This is where there certainly is either a difference of opinion or confusion. Whoever is on the boat that fishes for the skipper/boat to sell that catch are fishing commercially It does not matter if there are four or twelve on that boat they are fishing on a commercial basis to sell at a commercial outlet. As we are all aware no rsa can sell his catch as it is illegal. How does the rsa, the guys who fish for sport, pleasure and take their fish home to eat have any impact or effect on the commercial market as these are two seperate identities.

If i was to fish with a commercial guy, i wouldn't stand a chance, as he does it for a living and i don't. Much the same a commercial guy coming to work with me for the day, i would eat him for breakfast in what i do. There is a skippers mate in devon who i have known for years, when i fish with him he leaves me standing as he does it week in week out and i don't.

Could you be saying that the rsa using your port are landing and selling their catch. If so they are illegal fisherman i would have no problem in reporting them or anyone else who fishies illegally, unless they are fishing for the boat and the skipper has a licence to sell. This would indeed mean that the fish are the skippers and not the guys on the boat.

Why are the marks fished out, are they due to rsa or commercial pressure, are you talking about inshore or off. Are you saying that as a commercial guy you are in competition with these licenced boats that take anglers out who then sell into the commercial market.

During the summer i fish from devon. I do wrecking for pollack, but i invaribly take my catch home, i don't fish for the boat, so you would class me as a rsa. At the same time we do meet the commercial guys who net the wrecks and the only time the two meet are during a period of low tides. So i would have to say that it is not often that the two are chasing the same fish on the wrecks. At that time commercial will be targeting cod, pollack while the rsa would be after the conger.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This is from an email that I had from someone who should know what they are talking about:

There seems to be some confusion about "Jobs"

The fishermen requires to hold a Seafish certificate even if he is not an

employee of the boat operator.

This is particularly true of "Share Fishermen" who are self employed and

freelance operators.

Anyone who is "fishing for the boat" is commercial fishing because those

fish will be sold and as such that person must hold a Seafish certificate.

The fact that he receives no apparent payment is irrelevant because he has in effect been paid in kind.

'paid in kind' = either a free trip, or the cost of the trip held down because the skipper makes money on the fish sold.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

What the hells a "Seafish Certificate" and how much are they and were do you get them ???

Never heard so much rubbish in all my life. How long will it be before you need a certificate to have a ****?

This is from an email that I had from someone who should know what they are talking about:

'paid in kind' = either a free trip, or the cost of the trip held down because the skipper makes money on the fish sold.

Many thanks for the information Leon, so the myth that anyone can fish for the boat is untrue. During the evolution of the recreational charter boat industry, at one stage it was common practice for an angler to fish for the boat or to have a reduced cost by doing so. According to your received email it is no longer the case. Would you please therefore expand on this information for all concerned as it may well be that there is indeed alot of people who are fishing on an illegal basis. Thank you.

Just seen the ist episode of the new series and i thought it was superb television.

What the hells a "Seafish Certificate" and how much are they and were do you get them ???

Never heard so much rubbish in all my life. How long will it be before you need a certificate to have a ****?

sh one t?

Would you please therefore expand on this information for all concerned as it may well be that there is indeed alot of people who are fishing on an illegal basis. Thank you.

Sorry Barry I don't have any further information on this.

If anyone wants to investigate further, I would suggest contacting SEAFISH

http://www.seafish.org

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry Barry I don't have any further information on this.

If anyone wants to investigate further, I would suggest contacting SEAFISH

http://www.seafish.org

I would say Leon that this is a typical question that needs the answer to during sfc's meetings as again a lot of guys could be doing something that is not lawfull. Clarification is needed.

I would say Leon that this is a typical question that needs the answer to during sfc's meetings as again a lot of guys could be doing something that is not lawfull. Clarification is needed.

Hi BARRY Fishing and charter vessels that want to sell their catch FOR PROFIT must first be registered as a fishing vessel and given a pln number the owner must then buy a fishing licence to match the size of units according to the vessel length bredth depth and engine kilo watt power.The fishing licence is stamped from the nearest fishery office on behalf of the seller and stamped at the nerest fishery office of the buyer.It then goes to cardiff with the registration document and a new fishing licence is issued

to the buyer.Only vessels registered with category A licences can catch fish and shellfish for profit category B allows vessels to catch shellfish.

Once you have a category A you can choose to fish the goverment non sector quota or become a member of a producer organisation that gets a allocation of fish from the goverment for the members based on historical rights or fixed transferable units of fish.

All vessels fishing for profit should have

port of registry letters and numbers on the side and top of wheelhouse

pln number carved or welded on the main beam of the vessel

certificate of registry

fishing licence and variations

mca safety certificate

monthly quota of all seafish issued from producer organisation or the goverment non sector PO.

vessels can also purchase fqa units to top up on their producer organisation monthly quota allowing them to land extra quota that has been bought as a entitlment to catch that fish,but this quota still belongs to the goverment regardless whatever anyone tell you. You are only buying the right to land fish legally.

Fish quota can also be leased from a owner who has the entitlment this allows the leasee to land extra fish over and above his monthly alloctaion from PO

REGARDS CLICKER