Jerermy Corbyn To Be Labour Leader

big_cod

The point being made there is that Corbyn would normally be expected, given that he has just been elected leader of the opposition, to be doing much better than he is. Cameron has a worse rating, but he's a prime minister and has been in office a long time.

I wouldn't expect him to be doing better, not when the media and it's mother is saying that he's unelectable, a traitor, a terrorist sympathiser, and probably the devil incarnate to boot!

I would expect him to be way behind the pork poker in the popularity stakes, because what he is proposing is so anti capitalism, and that's the life blood of todays society. That's on top of his 'tolerating meat eaters', and 'open our doors to all' statements, and of cause, one of his shadow cabinet proposing that meat eaters should be treated like smokers have been.

For vegetarians/vegans, they sure spend a lot of time with their feet in their collective mouths.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not sure that Foot or Kinnock got great press, though?

That was in the days before the internet Steve. An idea, slur, picture, or rumour can be spread, altered and expanded in minutes these days.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Surely that just means that the process is more democratic now than when a handful of individuals controlled what was published?

If by democracy, you mean thousands of nutters as well as that hand full of individuals, then you're probably right Steve.

John.

There are loads of blogs from people of all political persuasions, John. And because most of my friends are very left-leaning, most of what I see on social media is pro-Corbyn. I think overall Corbyn gets s net benefit from the Internet versus print media owned by the likes of Murdoch.