This has to the worst weather for years

big_cod

Once again we are battered by northerly winds with temperatures way down its beings gusting nearly 40mph here overnight the sea is all off a boil looking on the long range things only improve for a while as another low comes in from the west its a massive shame as we are haveing the best cod fishing for years this storm could dampen things if the water gets really coloured up we have a 10ft northerly swell running its going to be touch and go we have the summer angling festival starting on sunday and it was looking like being one of the best for years so fingers crossed the fishing will still be bang on .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is the colour of the water up there Paul? I bet this rain hasn't helped things either......

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I had a look from the cliff top 1 hour ago and it is not a nice sight the sea is big and the water looks coloured out to 3 miles not only with the fresh water but what the swell has stired things up as well it couldnt have happened at a worst time whitby has nearly 200ft of water at 3 miles and it looks like we will have to go aback of 12 mile to get some decent clarity with the water.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I had a look from the cliff top 1 hour ago and it is not a nice sight the sea is big and the water looks coloured out to 3 miles not only with the fresh water but what the swell has stired things up as well it couldnt have happened at a worst time whitby has nearly 200ft of water at 3 miles and it looks like we will have to go aback of 12 mile to get some decent clarity with the water.

Paul only small tides wind falling back in west tomorrow should clear in a few days sunday looks ok.

With a bit of luck that low to the west wont strenthen it looks to be weakening all the time.

Pardon me for sounding daft then Darlick.....but the smaller the tide the less movement in the water , hence settle down quicker??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Pardon me for sounding daft then Darlick.....but the smaller the tide the less movement in the water , hence settle down quicker??

you have it that and a bit of west wind does the trick providing the swell falls away soon it should be clear in a few days.

dont want to scare all the anglers away just before festival with negetive thoughts.

Andrew the small tides are in our favour but they are now on the up i think inside of 5 miles will be a wipe out for a week or so it looks like it might be a wall job for a couple of days but we will never know till we get to sea i know all my lads who are with me in the festival are all buzzing it looks like it will be radio silence for a couple of weeks.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Bet there is a codling or 2 inshore at the moment. Might get a go tomorrow night.

500seasjune003.jpg

Looks like theres a few "white horses" out there Glennk !

Nice photo by the way :thumbs: