A few Bass from Electric Blue

Vagabond

A fantastic weekend, and here is the bass Spasor mentioned on t'other Electric Blue thread (which was getting a bit long, so am starting a new one)

Posted Image

This is the new boat record at 13 lb 2 oz, which I caught on Saturday.

Paul (Spasor), as mentioned on t'other thread had a bass of 10 lb 2 oz yesterday (Sunday) plus two others, and Jabee had a couple as well and Tog got into the frame on Saturday with a nice fish. Overall ten decent bass were caught from Electric Blue over the Saturday and Sunday.

Here is the result of the last waltz..err drift Norma and I both hooked bass at the same time.

Posted Image

Add on Norma's 12lb 8 oz caught last month, and EACH of my last three trips with Rob Thompson has seen a double-figure bass come into the boat - a skipper that knows his patch or what?

Boat partners - please add your accounts and piccies - there were some fine fish brought aboard.

Meanwhile, here is Norma's first tope - just a pup, I know, but a PB for all that.

Posted Image

[ 09. August 2005, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fish still looks damm fine even though it's 3 days old!

Great to see you catch the biggie and very nice to see her go back.

No sign of the twister behind you - anyone get it on camera?

Thanks to Norma for the 'sandwiches' - hmm dos'nt do that spread justice methinks.

And the less said about my lost 'ray' the better......

Nice to meet you, Norma and Ken, plus of course Paul my ghillie and John the tackle supplier!

Half my Bass (4/4) has just gone to a good home, think the rest will be tomorows supper.

Hope to do it again sometime, Sundays weather was just as forcast (For Saturday!).

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Funny you should say that Chappers - because although my fish was 10 oz heavier, it was actually slightly shorter than Norma's fish - which was long and lean.

As you can see, both fish and captor are fine, well-fed, sleek and handsome specimens :D:D

The excellent condition of the fish suggested it was good breeding stock - so back it went.

RNLI Governor

Rob's going to email me some pics and I'll post them up here whan they arrive. Dave's fish was much thicker than Norma's and was every bit of 13lb 2oz. As I said to Norma, "for every time you've mentioned your 12lb 8oz Bass over the last two weeks, Dave's going to mention 13lb 2oz twice!".

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

jabee:

Dave's fish was much thicker than Norma's

Hmmmm.. are you trying to say Dave only catches thick fish???? ;P

Well done Dave on a cracking fish.. hope there are some of them about at the end of next month :D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy Holt:

are you trying to say Dave only catches thick fish

If you go fishing with Fred J Taylor and catch a decent fish, Fred's first remark is likely to be "Well, that just goes to show there are fools amongst fish as well as amongst fishermen"

:D:D

RNLI Governor

Yep - AT LEAST 14 years - remember that scale rings are only added while the fish is actually growing - when the fish's growth ceases (as seemed to be the case with Norma's fish) there is no more scale growth and hence no more scale rings - in fact if the fish loses weight, some rings already there may be eroded.

Norma has read "Trawler" which you kindly sent us, and appreciated it very much - like me she is a Redmond O'Hanlan fan.

I look forward to reading it over the next few days

RNLI Governor