Stinky French

Guest Rabbit

Guest Rabbit

Wondering if any of you have sampled the delights of Spam Stinky French Garlic as a hookbait?

Just got back from an evening on the Warwickshire Avon, tried the usual pellets, boilies for Mr Barbel but all ware refused. So on with the SFG and bingo a lovely 10lb plus barbel couldn't resist a taste. Not the first time when I have been staring down the barrel of another blank the Spamalot boys have saved my bacon :unsure:

Would be interested if anyone else rates this as a bait, I know its not sold everywhere Tesco's do in some stores, so getting hold of it can be a problem..

Can't imagine any self respecting person wanting to eat the stuff, but the fish seem to like it :thumbs:

Sorry posted in the non fishing Doh!! Must be tired :blink:

Edited by Rabbit

Errrrm wrong section , me thinks.............

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Rabbit
Errrrm wrong section , me thinks.............

Blimey he's quick this lad :thumbs:

Edited by Rabbit

Rabbit. I`ve used stinky curry boilies to catch spurries :thumbs: The gulls thought they were sh1te however, couldn`t wash their beaks out quick enough!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Moving this over to coarse fishing :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Wondering if any of you have sampled the delights of Spam Stinky French Garlic as a hookbait?

Just got back from an evening on the Warwickshire Avon, tried the usual pellets, boilies for Mr Barbel but all ware refused. So on with the SFG and bingo a lovely 10lb plus barbel couldn't resist a taste. Not the first time when I have been staring down the barrel of another blank the Spamalot boys have saved my bacon :unsure:

Would be interested if anyone else rates this as a bait, I know its not sold everywhere Tesco's do in some stores, so getting hold of it can be a problem..

Can't imagine any self respecting person wanting to eat the stuff, but the fish seem to like it :thumbs:

Sorry posted in the non fishing Doh!! Must be tired :blink:

hi m8 funny you should mention that was in asda's last week and they were selling the stuff at 6p a tin [wasent out of date just wouldent sell] so i bought 20 cans and caught some nice carp not big ones but carp all the same . :thumbs:

I often buy a lump of garlic sausage from the deli counter (if they've got any - don't often see it now) and it works a treat in summer.

Failing that, sprinkle chunks of ordinary luncheon meat liberally with garlic salt and leave in a bag in the fridge overnight.

In my experience, stinky garlic meat seems to work well in the summer months.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Guest Rabbit
hi m8 funny you should mention that was in asda's last week and they were selling the stuff at 6p a tin [wasent out of date just wouldent sell] so i bought 20 cans and caught some nice carp not big ones but carp all the same . :thumbs:

Well just been into my local Tesco's to top up my SFG supplies, and they have only gone and DISCONTINUED it :headhurt: I got the last tin. Took puzzled advice and got the garlic salts and a garlic sauce, which comes in a boile dip type of container, which will be used as a garlic glug :yucky: and at 50 odd pence a bargain :thumbs:

So I am all garliced up and ready to go... tongues anyone?

Edited by Rabbit

Guest tigger
Well just been into my local Tesco's to top up my SFG supplies, and they have only gone and DISCONTINUED it :headhurt: I got the last tin. Took puzzled advice and got the garlic salts and a garlic sauce, which comes in a boile dip type of container, which will be used as a garlic glug :yucky: and at 50 odd pence a bargain :thumbs:

So I am all garliced up and ready to go... tongues anyone?

Would it not be worth getting some bogg standard spam and rub it in a bit of crushed garlic ?

You could even crush some garlic and mash it up with the meat as a paste.

I might have a go at that myself.

Guest Rabbit
Would it not be worth getting some bogg standard spam and rub it in a bit of crushed garlic ?

You could even crush some garlic and mash it up with the meat as a paste.

I might have a go at that myself.

Good point Ian but I will try the salt rub first I think ooh eer!! JUst got back from the Avon, no bars tonight but the eels are lining up for the meat...bugger :wallbash:

Good to see the rivers back below the banks, reckon were in for some cracking sport soon.

Any more barbs for you?