Kayakfishing Chat - continues

Newt

At first I was going to buy a pot off ebay but they're too big. Next time I come across an old marker buoy and netting washed up on the beach I may have to take it. (Plankton Boy you up for a trip to Worbarrow Bay in the near future? lol)

An old beer crate sounds like a good idea :)

I am sure my 'missus' will love Lobster Thermador with a glass of 'Cava' :D

[ 13. March 2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speciman and Yakity - My brother-in-law fishes for lobsters on the Isle of Skye (he is a proper crofter)and they use "creels" for the lobbies up there - and the prawsn, by which they mean langoustine, or Dublin Bay Prawsn, otherwise also known as Norway Lobsters. Anyway, these creels would be ideal for a Yak - if you only had a couple on a striing. They are built very much lighter than conventional pots and are about £12 each - hardly worth making them for that. You can buy the kits to net them up yourself if you really want to do the DIY thang.

Simon

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Sounds good Simon. Do you know if these can be bought online? How would I go about sourcing one?

-- forget my question I am lazy and didnt search

[ 14. March 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

"Newt came up with a good idea , it entailed using old plastic coke bottles , tie off from the lid a snood , couple of split shot , or simular , bait em up, and let them drift around your fishing area.

When you see the bottle bobbing about , go get your fish , rebait , and carry on

All these things I think are worth a try , just for the fun element."

Yeah that sounds like fun, should be quite interesting trying to keep up with the bottle and a garfish attached or even a small Tope, Jaws anyone

I was giving the Yaks a once over today to find my daughter's Venus has a nasty gouge out of the plastic, Is there any way that these can be filled or repaired, I stuck a torch inside to see how thin the pastic was where the gouge is and i'm a little bit concerned.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

TIA

[ 14. March 2005, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

My Yak was bought ex display with a gouge in the plastic. I think the plastic must be quite soft. Found some plastic shavings left inside the yak after rod holders were installed.. maybe I can find a way to patch it up.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi guys,

I checked the venus but no shavings I only wish i'd have kept the plastic that I cut out of the caper when i fitted thr rod holder.

It's about 10 inches long and looks as thought i'ts nearly through the yak when using the torch light as reference, i cant let her go out in it as it is and just wondered if there was a way of melting some plastic to fill the gouge.

[ 14. March 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Prowler, your daughter has a gouge in her Venus, and you stuck a torch inside? Sounds like a gaenacological problem.....!

I hope you got it sorted, if not I can catch a plane from E. Mids.......

Simon!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo