My first barbel!

Aaron1976

Hello everyone,

I just have to mention that I caught my first barbel yesterday on the River Blackwater! :) It's pretty rare that I catch anything above a 1lb on most days but I was totally in awe of this fish, I estimated it was about 4-5lb. I've got a picture but I'm not sure how to get it uploaded, could somebody give me an idea of how much it might weigh if I send you the picture?

Aaron

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done, I remember my first barbel as though it was yesterday, it weighed 4lb 4oz and I was shaking by the time I got it on the bank and I feel the same excitment everytime I hook one no matter what the size.

That was getting on for 20 yrs ago, it took over 12 yrs before I had my double but I still love fishig for them.

I hope this if the first of many, well done and good luck for the next one

look forward to seeing the pics, one of the mods will tell you how to post them or where to find how too.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Here it is folks Aaron's first barbel - and what a belter - any guesstimates?

Barbel_smaller.JPG

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?